Quintana says Movistar to remain faithful in 2018
Nairo Quintana has Thursday stressed that he also next year for Movistar rides. The 27-year-old Colombian, who is still until mid-2019 under contract with the Spanish formation, makes an end to the transfergeruchten.
“My next appointment is the colours of Colombia to defend at the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Bergen. And in 2018, I go for Movistar again to the Tour,” writes Quintana on Twitter.
Quintana was the last to weeks associated with Team Sky and Astana, especially after his father last month during the Tour said Movistar boss Eusebio Unzué his son heavily taxed.
The Colombian sports And La Jugada went Wednesday still further by reporting that Quintana wants to leave because of the complex situation at Movistar, that Tuesday, with Mikel Landa is a new klassementsrenner the lens. The 27-year-old Landa is on Sky.
Mi próximo compromiso representar a ?? en el mundial de @bergen2017. And 2018 iré junto al @Movistar_Team por… https://t.co/TooB0xcNg1
Time of placing
22:01 – August 16, 2017
It is not yet known whether Landa is the servant of Quintana in the Tour, or that he is leader of Movistar is in one of the other two grand tours. Landa helped last month Chris Froome on his fourth Tourzege.
Quintana hunts next year on his first overall victory in the Tour, after second places in 2013 and 2015. This year he was disappointing twelfth after he was in the Giro d’Italia finished second behind Tom Dumoulin.
Quintana won the Giro in 2014, and in 2016 the strongest in the Vuelta a España.
Summary: The main wielertransfers for 2018