News

Qualcomm says Apple’s CEO’s response to ‘misleading’

People walk by a display promoting 5G connectivity on the Qualcomm booth during the 2019 CES in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA January 8, 2019. REUTERS/Steve Marcus

(Reuters) – Qualcomm Inc said on Tuesday, Apple Inc Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook’s comment that there is no recent settlement discussions between the iPhone maker and the chipmaker were “misleading.”

“We have been consistent for the last 18 months to make it clear that we have, at various times, are in talks with Apple about a possible solution for our licensing dispute,” a Qualcomm spokesperson said.

In an interview with CNBC earlier on Tuesday, Cook said there are no discussions on the settlement of a license dispute between the companies since the third quarter of last year.”

Reporting by Ismail Shakil in Bengaluru and Stephen Nellis in San Francisco; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular