News

Publisher of Vogue Paris and Italia dismisses controversial photographer Terry Richardson

Publisher Condé Nast, well-known from, inter alia, the international Vogue editions, and Vanity Fair, the controversial photographer Terry Richardson is no longer hiring. Richardson has for many years been accused of sexual harassment. That reports The Daily Telegraph Tuesday night.

© Reuters

The Telegraph got an internal email from the vice-presidentJames Woolhouse Condé Nast to all landendirecteuren in the hands. ‘I write to you about an important topic. Condé Nast will no longer be with the photographer Terry Richardson’s work. Photo shoots that have already been agreed or shoots that are already done but not yet published, should be discontinued and other material to be replaced, ” she said in the email.

After the scandal surrounding Harvey Weinstein in Hollywood sounded since last week’s vote to also abuses in the fashion industry. About Richardson have been in existence since 2001, rumours that he was the models he works with sexually intimidates. Since 2004 appear about it all every now and then messages on fashionblogs and magazines, and in 2013 decided to major companies like Target and H&M Richardson for that reason not to hire. Now, in the aftermath of the Weinstein-scandal, one of the largest publishers in fashion magazines.

Richardson responded to the news by admitting that his controversial approach consists in an explicit sexual way with models to go. His spokesman refers to the fact that Richardsons photos sexually oriented. “He is an artist who is known for his sexually explicit work, so much of his professional interactions with the models were sexual and explicit in nature, but all models agreed therein”, says the spokesperson at the Telegraph.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular