Preview Premier league: Huntelaar most compellingly in the opening round
The Eredivisie starts Friday night with the match ADO Den Haag-FC Utrecht at his 62nd year. On the basis of the history having to Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV in the play-in game has nothing to fear of, respectively, FC Twente, Heracles Almelo and AZ. That and more in the preview on the first matchday in the Eredivisie.
Friday 11 August
ADO Den Haag-FC Utrecht (19: 00)
- FC Utrecht and ADO Den Haag met in the Premier league has never been in the first round. Utrecht won in 2009 (0-1 at his side) for the last in the first turn of the game.
- Lex Immers returns to ADO back on the old nest. He played from 2007 to 2012 for ADO and scored in each of his last three Premier league matches on behalf of ADO is against FC Utrecht.
- The last time that ADO two seasons in a row the league with a victory began, it was in 1976/1977 and 1977/1978, when, respectively, HFC Haarlem and Feyenoord with 2-1 beat got in the Zuiderpark.
Saturday 12 August
PSV-AZ (18: 30)
- PSV is under pressure after the elimination in the Europa League, but the last time PSV on match day one in my own house crashed, was on 15 August 1971, against MVV (0-2).
- PSV and AZ met three times previously during the first round and still won the home team. In 1979/1980 and 2011/2012 attracted AZ home to the longest end and in 1978/1979 won in PSV Eindhoven with 3-1.
- Luuk de Jong scored in his last six Premier league matches. In February 2017, he ended a series of six matches without a goal with a hit against AZ.
Preview Premier league: Huge pressure at PSV, Ajax uncertain
VVV-Venlo-Sparta Rotterdam (18: 30)
- VVV-Venlo started the last eleven seasons in which the Club acted always with loss of points. Did Sparta even the last twenty times.
- Michel Breuer (Sparta) played in his career 326 Eredvisie matches, and is, consequently, of the active players, the one with the most matches at the highest level in the Netherlands.
- The last victory of Sparta in Venlo in the Eredivisie was made on 26 march 1994 (1-4) with a hit of Winston Bogarde.
Heracles Almelo-Ajax (20: 45)
- Ajax is already 28 Eredivisie matches unbeaten against Heracles (22 profits, six are the same). This is the longest running series for the Amsterdammers against teams that are currently active in the Premier league.
- Ajax has a strong balance sheet on artificial turf. The Players lost only one of the 34 matches on the artificial grass (2-1 against FC Dordrecht in 2015).
- Of the current players in the Premier league scored none so often in the first turn of the game as Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (six times).
Vitesse-NAC Breda (20.45 hours)
- Vitesse has six of the last seven Premier league matches against NAC won. The only exception was the last home game on October 25, 2014 when the 2-2 was in the Gelredome.
- There may be a team of Premier League mercenaries/purchases are prepared in this duel: NAC has seven players from the English league met, Vitesse five.
- The last time NAC won on a visit to Vitesse was made on 14 march 2009. The 0-3 victory was achieved by goals from Nourdin Boukhari, Anthony Lurling and Csaba Feher.
The Eredivisionisten in the season 2017/2018: ADO Den Haag
Share this photo via:
Back to slideshow
Sunday 13 August
PEC Zwolle-Roda JC (12.30 pm)
- Roda JC won last season only one away game, at Excelsior (0-1 on 16 October 2016). Since then, the club has twelve uitduels in a row not won (five times the right, seven times lost).
- John van ‘t schip is at PEC Zwolle for the first time since the season of 2001/2002 (FC Twente as head coach on the bench in the Premier league. He was that season with Twente twelfth.
- PEC-goalkeeper Diederik Boer returns to the club where he was in 2002/2003 made his debut. In 2014/2015 he joined Ajax. Only Albert van der haar (455) played more league games for PEC than Farmer (297) Honorary and First Division.
Feyenoord-FC Twente (14.30)
- Feyenoord will begin the competition as reigning champion. Only one time win Liverpool the title. That was after the championship of 1960/1961, in the season 1961/1962.
- The Rotterdammers continued last season at home unbeaten and a total of 23 home games in a row without a loss. The last thuisnederlaag was made on 31 January 2016 at ADO (0-2).
- The last win of Twente at Feyenoord dates of 11 August 2013 when Twente 1-4 won in The Cockpit.
Willem II-Excelsior (14: 30)
- Willem succeeded in the last five seasons in the Premier league did not play in the opener to win. Excelsior started last season with a 1-2 victory at Twente. In the twelve previous editions, at the highest level, was the club not with a victory on the season.
- Willem II recorded his last thuiszege on the Kralingers on december 1, 2007. It was then 6-0, matching the largest victory for Willem II in the Eredivisie.
- The selection of Willem II currently houses fifteen nationalities (including Dutch). The club had never had a season in which more than twelve nationalities for the club came into action
FC Groningen-sc Heerenveen (16.45)
- This is the 47th derby of the north. Heerenveen, the netherlands leads the competition with 24 victories, eleven draws and eleven defeats. Last season won Heerenveen 0-3.
- Heerenveen started the calendar year 2017 with a victory (2-0 against ADO), but suffering after fourteen defeats of the nineteen remaining duels in Eredivisie.
- In five of the last six derby in Groningen were played there four times scored.