Preview Eredivisie: PSV Eindhoven traditionally difficult hurdle for Ajax
Ajax can Sunday on a visit to PSV no slip afford it in the title, but the Locals have as the only team in the competition has a positive balance against the Amsterdammers. That and more in the preview on the 32nd matchday in the Eredivisie.
Friday 21 april
sc Heerenveen-Willem II (20: 00)
- Only Go Ahead (34) and Sparta (30) received in the second half of the season more goals to process than Heerenveen (29). If Willem II Friday, he’s playing, it means that the 1300 e still in strong position for the Marbles in the Premier league.
- Heerenveen-coach Jurgen Streppel was between 2011 and 2016 coach of Willem II. With the people of tilburg promoted twice to the Premier league, but were relegated he in between also a time to the Jupiler League.
- Willem II made of all Eredivisieploegen this season, the least goals (one) from outside the penalty area. Heerenveen made understand of all the teams the most goals from outside the sixteen (twelve). Sam Larsson took the lion’s share of them (seven).
Saturday 22 april
NEC-Excelsior (18: 30)
- The home team lost the last six league games (home and away). This season, suffering not a single team in the Premier league seven defeats in a row. The Nijmegenaren made in those six races, only two hits, both by the 17-year-old Ferdi Kadioglu.
- Excelsior won its last two duels in a row. The last time that the Residents within one Eredivisieseizoen three games in a row won (may 1985), was of the current selection only Anouar Hadouir was born.
- Nigel Hasselbaink was on behalf of Excelsior this season, directly involved with fifteen goals (nine goals, six assists). The last player of the Kralingers that in one season with more hits involved, was Andwélé Slory in the 2006/2007 season (twelve goals, six assists).
PEC Zwolle-Heracles Almelo (19: 45)
- Heracles scored in all nine Eredivisieduels it once against PEC played. Also loved the Almeloërs the last two mutual encounters itself the zero.
- Only Ajax (25), PSV (23) and Vitesse (seventeen) scored this season and more often out of a standard application than the Heraclieden (sixteen). Six of the last nine goals came from a dead point for the team of John Stegeman.
- Bram from Poland can be honderdvijftigste Eredivisiewedstrijd play on behalf of Zwolle.
AZ-FC Twente (19: 45)
- AZ for the first time since 2010/2011 both encounters with FC Twente in the league win. The Alkmaarders were that season, the only opponent whose reigning champion FC Twente two times lost.
- The team of John van den Brom took this season, more points in away games (25 out of 16) than in the private AFAS Stadium (21 from 15).
- FC Twente picked up this Eredivisieseizoen a point at both PSV as Heracles, was every away game against a team from the ‘linkerrijtje’ lost (five).
Go Ahead Eagles-FC Groningen (20.45 hours)
- Groningen won in the Premier league, only less often on a visit to PSV (one) to Go Ahead (two).
- The Eagles can this weekend officially demote if they Saturday losses. The results from NEC, Roda and Sparta also in the disadvantage of the Deventenaren.
- Go Ahead-trainer Robert Maaskant was in the season 2012/2013 coach of FC Groningen and then ended on the seventh place in the Premier league.
Sunday 23 april
FC Utrecht-Roda JC (12.30 pm)
- This is the meeting between the two clubs with the most red cards in the Premier league ever. Utrecht picked up all a hundred times red, Roda saw 99 times a player prematurely expelled by the referee.
- FC Utrecht lost only one of his last twelve home matches in the Premier league. That one defeat was on 22 January against Ajax (0-1), and that was the only time this season Utrecht has not scored in his own house. Ajax is also the only club in the last three Eredivisieduels more points (nine) picked up than Roda (seven).
- Utrecht, as the fourth club in the history of the Premier league against 2,400 e still in strong position yesterday (now 2.399), but can also be as a sixth team ever to 1.400 thuisdoelpunten (now 1.398).
- Vitesse coach Henk Fraser played between 1990 and 1997, 138 league games for Feyenoord and was in 1993, champion with the Locals. Also Kelvin Leerdam has a past in the Cockpit (97 duels between 2008 and 2013). Feyenoord-players, Jan-Arie van der Heijden (123 duels between 2011 and 2015) and Marko Vejinovic (61 matches between 2013 and 2015) played on their turn earlier in Arnhem.
- Ricky van Wolfswinkel is missing in the Gelredome stadium because of a suspension. The clubtopscorer of Vitesse (eighteen goals) on the topscorerslijst of the Premier league only Feyenoord-striker Nicolai Jörgensen (nineteen), and made of all the players in this season most the opening goal (nine times, shared with Davy Klaassen).
- Jens Toornstra was this season on behalf of the Club involved in 22 goals in the Eredivisie (fourteen goals, eight assists). Only one of them fell, however, in an away game for the Locals, an assist on the first day at FC Groningen.
Sparta-ADO Den Haag (14.30)
- Sparta can for the first time since the 2009/2010 season, five Eredivisieduels in a row losses. ly due to that series relegated Sparta that season via the play-offs.
- The Hagenaren won four of their last six matches, one less than in the first 25 matches of this season. If the ADO still lose, it means that the zeshonderdste defeat in the Premier league.
- Mike Havenaar scored in each of his last five games and, after clubicoon Lex Shoemaker in april-may 1969, the second ADO-player in six consecutive Eredivisiewedstrijden the net knows how to find.
Summary: The last 10 editions of PSV-Ajax
2006/2007: PSV-Ajax (1-5)
2007/2008: PSV-Ajax (0-0)
2008/2009: PSV-Ajax (6-2)
2009/2010: PSV-Ajax (4-3)
2010/2011: PSV-Ajax (0-0)
2011/2012: PSV-Ajax (2-2)
2012/2013: PSV-Ajax (2-3)
2013/2014: PSV-Ajax (4-0)
2014/15: PSV-Ajax (1-3)
2015/2016: PSV-Ajax (0-2)
Share this photo via:
Back to slideshow
- The Locals have as the only team in the Eredivisie, a positive balance against Ajax (home and away), and even if only a positive goal difference (203-201). The Amsterdammers won the last two confrontations in the Philips Stadium.
- The last time that a team under the direction of Peter Bosz at the top was in the Premier league was on december 15, 2013, when the Vitesse of Bosz two points ahead at Ajax.
- Ajax came Thursday after an extension at Schalke 04 in the semi-finals of the Europa League. The Locals verspeelden this season all five time points in a Eredivisiewedstrijd after a midweeks European duel, of which four times out of the private Arena.
Ajax to the semi-finals Europa League
Ajax made for a memorable evening against Schalke 04.
A 3-2 loss against Schalke was enough to make the semi-finals.
Nick Viergever brought the liberating 3-1.
Amin Younes was also 3-2.
The basiself of Ajax.
Schalke came in the first half a few times dangerous.
Nick Viergever founded danger with a bicycle kick.
A hit of Bertrand Traoré was rejected.
André Onana ran on the stroke of rest an injury, but he could move.
Ajax came after peace soon 2-0 behind.
The 2-0 lead to massive discharge in the Veltins-Arena.
Ajax dragged the halvefinaleplek, however, there is still.
Share this photo via:
Back to slideshow