This weekend is the Premier League going to be kicked. No league in the world where so much money to transfers flows like the English. Also this summer, the weather was a barrage of miljoenendeals. A small overview.
The most active big spenders so far are without a doubt the two clubs from Manchester. The City of Pep Guardiola stood provisionally at eur 240 million. Where it stands out that the Catalan coach especially devoted to the strengthening of his defensive compartment. Danilo (Real Madrid), Mendy (Monaco) and Walker (Tottenham) as a vleugelbacks the tactical picture perfect. In goal should the controversial Claudio Bravo competition to expect from the young Brazilian Ederson, weggeplukt at Benfica. The front will get David Silva has competition from a namesake: Bernardo Silva, last season’s turntable at the groundbreaking AS Monaco.
José Mourinho took with Red Devil Romelu Lukaku are started at home as a replacement for Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The scrawny Belgian is so far the zomertransfer in the Premier League. With a total of 164 million on incoming transfers is United after City, the team which is the second most issued to date. In addition to Matic was also for the less well-known and young Swede Victor Lindelöf quite a bit of cash consideration for 35 million euros.
The second-most expensive transfer of this summer in England is Álvaro Morata. The Spaniard was already long on the wishlist of Chelsea-coach Antonio Conte. Morata should Diego Costa be forgotten. Further, it should Bakayoko the departure of the Serbian box-to-box Matic cushion in the reigning champion. With 35 million euros for flankverdediger Antonio Rüdiger of AS Roma spent for Chelsea so far, 140 million euro.
Two other titelchallengers, Arsenal and Liverpool kept their expenditure is rather modest. Each invested heavily in one topper. Arsenal fished with Lacazette (53 million euros) yet again in the French pond, the powerhouse should be at the front of the battle with Olivier Giroud. Jürgen Klopp strengthened Liverpool with dribbelkont Mohamed Salah, three years ago, just as in the Premier League at the battle of Chelsea. Cost: 42 million euros.
But the most striking finding in the spendeergedrag of the English clubs with Tottenham Hotspur to pick it up. The vicekampioen put a lot in continuity and gave so far… zero euro (!) off on incoming transfers. It lost, however, sterkhouder Kyle Walker to Man City, it should be expected that the Spurs in the final weeks of the zomermercato still in action will shoot. But, in the coming two weeks is still a club Manchester City of the throne will emit as a big spender? The competition is in the coming season clearly, in Manchester.
The ten most expensive incoming transfers this zomermercato
- Romelu Lukaku (Belgian striker, 24 years) – 85 million – from Everton to Manchester United
- Álvaro Morata (Spain, striker, 24 years) – 65 million euros from Real Madrid to Chelsea
- Benjamin Mendy (French, full 23 years) – 57 million – from AS Monaco to Manchester City
- Alexandre Lacazette (French, striker, 26 years) – € 53 million – from Lyon to Arsenal
- Kyle Walker (an Englishman, right back, 27 years) – € 51 million – with a move to Manchester City
- Bernardo Silva (Portuguese, flankaanvaller, 22 years) – 50 million euros from AS Monaco to Manchester City
- Nemanja Matic (Serbian, midfielder, 28 years) – 44.7 million euros from Chelsea to Manchester United
- Mohamed Salah (Egyptian, flankaanvaller, 25 years old) – 42 million euros from AS Roma to Liverpool
- Tiemoué Bakayoko (Frenchman, midfielder, 22 years) – 40 million euros – from AS Monaco to Chelsea
- Ederson (Brazilian, goalkeeper, 23 years) – 40 million euros from Benfica to Manchester City