Police: Colorado woman likely killed at home, fiancé charged

FILE – This online missing person poster created by the Woodland Park Police Department shows Kelsey Berreth. The authorities say they have arrested the fiancée of the Colorado woman who was last seen on Thanksgiving. Teller County sheriff’s Cmdr. Greg banks said Patrick Frazee was arrested Friday morning, Dec. 21, 2018, at his home in the community of Florissant, Colo. (Forest Park Police via AP, File)

DENVER – Police in Colorado said on Friday that a woman missing since Thanksgiving Day, was probably murdered in her home, and they have arrested her fiancé and charged him with murder.

Woodland Park police Chief Miles Young would not say whether Berreth the body was found or what led to the charges of murder and solicitation to commit murder against Patrick Frazee, allegedly the last person to see a 29-year-old Kelsey Berreth. He was arrested in his home and cattle ranch in central Colorado community of Florissant on Friday morning, the Teller County sheriff’s Cmdr. Greg banks said.

“As you can see to the arrest, it is a pity that we do not believe that Kelsey is still alive,” Young said.

Authorities will not say that which otherwise could be arrested, or give more details about the solicitation to murder charge, or how they think that Berreth was killed.

Berreth was last seen in a supermarket near her home in the Forest, Park, about 15 miles (24 km) of Florissant. Both cities are of a high country alpine communities near Pikes Peak and west of Colorado Springs.

Surveillance video showed her entering the store on Thanksgiving Day with what seem to be the few of the 1-year-old daughter in a baby carrier. Frazee told the police that the couple met somewhere in the afternoon, so that he could pick up the child. They do not live together, and the girl was with her father.

Friday the arrest came after the police encouraged Frazee to speak directly with the researchers and after a search of his high country ranch property as well as Berreth own townhome in Woodland Park. Officials declined to say what they find.

Miles Young, chief of police of Woodland Park, said Frazee had communicated with the police via his lawyer, but I had not spoken with them directly.

The police said that the only signs of Berreth were a number of text messages from her mobile phone. Location data later suggested that by the Nov. 25 the phone was in Idaho, 800 miles (1,290 kilometers) of Berreth at home.

The public records show that property associated with Frazee the name in Florissant covers 35 acres.

Frazee’s attorney, Jeremy Loew, has said that his client was cooperating with the investigation.

Loew earlier said that his client provided police with DNA samples and access to his mobile phone. Frazee told the police that Berreth’s last sms to him on Nov. 25, Sunday, the day after Thanksgiving.

Berreth the employer, Doss Aviation, received a text message from her mobile phone that day say they plan to take the next week off.

A police investigation was opened Dec. 2 after Berreth’s mother asked for a welfare check. The police said that they are both of Berreth the cars outside her home.

The police also said Doss Aviation had booked for all of their aircraft and there was no reason to believe that they are someone else’s plane for a flight.

The public records show that property associated with Frazee the name in Florissant covers 35 acres (14 hectares).

Berreth and Frazee do not live together, according to the survivors, and Berreth’s daughter lived Frazee.

According to property records, Berreth bought her single-family home in Woodland Park in May.


Gruver reported from Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular