closeVideoFox News receives a text exchange between US diplomats on the retained military aid for Ukraine
The encrypted-text-messages show an exchange between the three major players in the Ukraine; chief congressional correspondent Mike Emanuel reports from Capitol Hill.
The Pentagon’s top spokesman said on Thursday that all the documents in connection with the Ukraine and the house Democrats, ” impeachment inquiry in President Trump about his 25. July telephone conversation with the Ukrainian President, raised and turned to the Pentagon’s general counsel.
All “relevant documents and records” would be given, the Defense Department ‘ s Office of General Counsel for the “cataloging and review of” the chief of the Pentagon spokesman, Jonathan Hoffman told reporters.
Hoffman called it a “pretty standard practice” and “routine.”
UKRAINE PRESIDENT: “NOBODY EXPLAINED TO ME WHY THE US MILITARY AID DELAYED
The spokesman later said that no one from the Ministry of defense, including Secretary of state Mark Esper, was on the now-infamous 25. July phone conversation between President Trump and the Ukraine, President Vladimir Zelensky.
“The Secretary has said an incredibly busy schedule,” Hoffman. “He has no call to spend most of his days in sitting on other people.”
Then-army Secretary Mark Esper, at a House Armed Services Committee budget hearing. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)
Hoffman said that the Congress sent a letter asking the Pentagon Inspector General for the opening of an investigation in the Ukraine-thing, but Hoffman did not know whether an investigation had been launched. So far there has been no request by Congress for Esper to testify, he added.
When asked by Fox News if Esper would be willing to testify to said each house Committee in relation to Ukraine, Hoffman, he had not asked the Minister that question.
“The things we have, were […] had made to the Ukraine to take steps to address corruption in their defense,” he said, adding that the second question was whether the allies and the partners were “the provision of assistance and whether we thought that the help would be effective.”
Military assistance for Ukraine under control to come after some Democrats accused President Trump, for a quid pro quo System with $ 400 million in military aid as a means of pressure to get Ukrainian officials to investigate, democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, whose son Hunter and their shops in the country.
The claims prompted an impeachment investigation by house Democrats, according to a whistleblower lawsuit of the President “to solicit with the power of his office, accused of interference by a foreign country in the year 2020 US election.”
Trump has fiercely denied the claims, and she pushed back against the accusations and says the call was “perfect.” Earlier this week, he referred to the Democrats’ charge of the survey as a “coup” intended to take the force of the Americans.
TRUMP BLASTS TO PUSH THE IMPEACHMENT AS A “COUP,” URGES, HE IS DETERMINED TO TAKE THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE
The Ministry of defence announced that $ 250 million in aid to Ukraine from the 18. Trump and Zelensky had the now controversial call on July 25.
A month later, on Aug. 26, which was forwarded to the whistleblower complaint to the Deputy Director of National Intelligence, Joseph Maguire.
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., to submit a formal request that the whistleblower complaint of the President of Ukraine calling for the Committee on September 10.
The funds were released to the Ukraine on Sept. 11.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALL-NEW FOXBUSINESS.COM