WASHINGTON – The Pentagon says that the taken definitive steps to cancel $300 million in aid to Pakistan.
The move earlier this summer reflects the Trumpet administration of the dissatisfaction with Pakistan’s commitment to assist the U.S. strategy to pressure from the Taliban, whose leaders use Pakistan as a sanctuary.
Pentagon officials say that a request was submitted to Congress this summer for a licence for the use of the $300 million for other purposes. The application is still not approved. The move was first reported by Reuters.
A spokesman of the Pentagon, the Army, Lt.-Col. Kone Faulkner, said Sunday the petition to the Congress was in June or July and it was due to a lack of Pakistani decisive actions in support of” the AMERICAN strategy for bringing the Afghan conflict to a political solution.
The Pentagon announced in January that it was suspending the aid, known as the coalition support funds to Pakistan, and then Congress canceled $500 million in such aid. But the Pentagon is not the final steps in the $300 million to this summer.