News

Pence hails ‘significant progress’ with North Korea, the alleged Korean war dead arriving in Hawaii

in the vicinity


Video

The alleged US-Korea-war is back on American soil

Honorable bear ceremony in Hawaii to be welcomed, obviously, the United States remains-soldiers from North Korea.

Vice-President Mike Pence said on Wednesday the return of the remains of 55 Americans probably dead from the Korean war, a sign was “tangible progress in our efforts for peace on the Korean Peninsula.”

Pence, spoke at a ceremony in Hawaii Hickam Air Force Base to mark the arrival of the remains on U.S. soil, and the beginning of a long process to identify them.

“Today, they are known but to God,” said Pence, whose father fought in Korea. “But soon we will know their names, and we will tell their stories of courage.”

Some of them have as a the Korean war the “forgotten war”. But today we are going to prove that these heroes were never forgotten. Today, our boys come home. pic.twitter.com/Sh9xUaUUB6

— Vice-President Mike Pence (@VP) August 1, 2018

The return of the mortal remains was part of the agreement, during a June summit between President Donald Trump and the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-Un.

(Copyright 2018, The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

“I know that President Trump grateful that the Chairman Kim kept his word,” said Pence. “But today is just a beginning, and our work will not be complete until all the powers of our fallen heroes.”

North Korea handed over the remains of the last week. A US military aircraft has a rare journey into North Korea to retrieve the 55 cases, with the mortal remains. Hundreds of U.S. and South Korean troops will be collected to a repatriation ceremony at the base of Osan in South Korea, before the cases were tied to military aircraft for Hawaii.

So he secured a commitment to full denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, @POTUS also secured a promise from President Kim to return the remains of fallen U.S. service members lost in North Korea. pic.twitter.com/gluyJ0bFnn

— Vice-President Mike Pence (@VP) August 1, 2018

After Pence’s speech on Wednesday, the cases were removed from the C-17 transport aircraft and support in a hangar, as a military chapel, Church songs played. Each container was accompanied by a Marine, a sailor, a soldier and an airman.

Pence looked at the procession with his hand on his heart. Permissible Phil Davidson, commander of the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, saluted.

Minister of defense of Jim Mattis said last week that the return of the 55 cases was a positive step, but no guarantee that the bones are the American. In the case of the repayment of the ceremony in South Korea, the cases were draped in United Nations flags in a possible sign of uncertainty. On Wednesday, however, the cases draped in U.S. flags.

In just a few moments, the remains of some of these American heroes are finally back on American soil, is draped in the colors of the country which they served. Today, they are known but to God. But soon we will know their names. And we tell their stories of courage. pic.twitter.com/rZzXNmoYNY

— Vice-President Mike Pence (@VP) August 1, 2018

At one point in his remarks, the Vice-President pointed: “we trust,” the remains belong to “an American hero, killed in the Korean war.”

“Some of them have as a the Korean war the ‘forgotten war,'” Pence said. “But today we are going to prove that these heroes were never forgotten. Today, our boys come home.”

There are 7,699 U.S. service members listed as missing from the 1950-53 Korean war, of which around 5,300 are believed to have died on North Korean soil. The Rest are those who have been killed in South Korea, but not yet recovered; those with the crashing died in the air, on the sea, or the ships on the sea, and some have believed, been taken to China.

(Copyright 2018, The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

A truce ended the Korean war not be replaced with a peace Treaty, leaving the Peninsula in a technical state of war. North Korea has steadfastly claimed that its nuclear weapons are meant to neutralize alleged U.S. plans to attack.

To recover efforts, remains in North Korea have been fraught with political and other obstacles, since the end of the war. Between 1990 and 1994, North Korea unilaterally 208 caskets passed to the United States, the remains of more than 208 people, although forensics have established specialists so far 181 identities.

A number of U.S.-North Korean recovery efforts, as “joint activities” between 1996 and 2005 resulted in 229 caskets, of which 153 were identified, according to the Pentagon.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular