News

operations Dijklander Hospital deleted due to lack of staff

The Dijklander Hospital, with locations in Hoorn, Purmerend, Enkhuizen and Volendam, remove in the summer months, a part of the operations. That has, according to the hospital to deal with a shortage of personnel in the operating theatres and the fact that medical staff holiday.

According to the medical manager of the hospital Marjolein van der Horst expires 20 percent of the interventions and the remaining 80 percent is guaranteed by. Emergency care, intensive care, and acute care of patients remain outside shot.

“Quality and safety of care are with any surgery first. It is equipped staff a crucial factor. Unfortunately, it is the deficit under us ok-staff, as in many other hospitals in the holiday season less good to catch,” says Van der Horst.

The ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport reported Thursday that the lack of staff in the care to be smaller, because the number of zijinstromers and after a period of absence increases. At the same time, a growing number of people that the care leave.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular