An Oscar win with a monsterfilm? In april comes a great mister you have to learn how to do it.
The Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival has come up with an exceptional scoop. Director Guillermo Del Toro, who last weekend the Oscar for best film and best director won with The Shape of Water, on the 11th of april a lecture in the framework of the festival.
Who is Guillermo Del Toro?
- Born in 1964 in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Knutselt on his eighth his first movie together with the 8mmcamera of his pa. His Planet of the Apes-speelgoedfiguurtjes act as a cast.
- Learned the special effects and make-upstiel at Dick Smith, known for The Godfather, The Exorcist, Amadeus, and other classics.
- In 1997 his Hollywood entrance with Mimic, who truly is cut up by producer Harvey Weinstein.
- Is best friends with countries peers Alfonso Cuarón and Alejandro González Iñárritu. ‘The Three Amigos’ focus in 2007 the production company Cha Cha Cha Films.
- Makes comics and writes even novels. Together with co-author Chuck Hogan, he published the vampiertrilogie The Strain, The Fall and The Night Eternal.
According to the organization, will Del Toro an extensive masterclass on his career, accompanied by the Belgian directors Fabrice du Welz and Jonas Govaerts. “You hear it all, from the writing of El espinazo del diablo while he was still at school was until that one time during shooting of Blade 2 when the whole crew temporarily blind,” sounds on the Facebookevenement.
Tickets for the masterclass cost 10 euro and are on sale on the website of the BIFFF.
- Guillermo del Toro takes ‘The Shape of Water’ his best film so far (and he might be right)
- Ever dreamed of having sex with a sample of water? Guillermo del Toro does
- A amfibieman? Guillermo del Toro has been a weak spot for monsters