Olivia Newton-John addresses rumors that she has cancer again after canceling two upcoming performances.
Olivia Newton-John’s rep says the actress has canceled upcoming performances about the scheduling conflicts and not because of health problems, despite reports claiming they are fighting cancer again.
“Olivia Newton-John the two upcoming speaking appearances in Australia have been canceled due to scheduling conflicts with her upcoming promotional tour for her new book, “Don’t Stop Believin” and the ONJ Cancer Wellness & Research Centre Wellness Walk & to undertake Research — not a disease, as erroneously reported,” her publicist, Michael Caprio, told Page Six on Wednesday.
“She is looking forward to running with everyone in the Wellness Walk on Sept. 16 in the heart of Melbourne and is pleased that this year the walk is going global and people can support by becoming virtual walkers from anywhere in the world.”
New reports alleged that Newton-John’s breast cancer had returned and that she hoped to make it to her 70th birthday in September.
In November last year, the “Grease” star updated her fans on her second cancer battle. “I am no longer in pain and happy to say I am back to work,” she told Closer Weekly at the time.
She has also previously said that medical marijuana has helped her tremendously during her treatment.
This story was previously published in the New York Post.