Shoe Mertens celebrates his special birthday with special shoes.
Since 1728 can people from louvain take their shoes buy for Mertens shoes in the Mechelsestraat. This is the case according to the current owners – the eighth generation in the family Mertens – the oldest in the country.
This year celebrates the store her 290ste birthday. This takes them out with two unique shoes, one for ladies and one for gentlemen. For the ladies, a comfortable sneaker is designed in printed nubuckleder. On the shoe is an old picture in sepia printed of the shop in the year 1910, that Mertens shoes used for years in his style. For the men there is a classic cognac-coloured shoe. In the leather were the ground-plan of Leuven and six stadsiconen laser cut, such as the university library and the statue of the kotmadam is on the great market.
For information about the other activities and the special shoe designs can be found on the website of Mertens shoes.
- ‘Oldest shop in Belgium, located in Leuven and celebrates 290ste birthday
- Samsøe & Samsøe organizes a sample sale in Antwerp
- Designer Tom Van Der Borght shall curate expo more=more and celebrating the birth of Widescreen
- Tartes à moi looking for new recipes
- Third edition BOTANIK: wild(er) life in a green city
- Read all articles about Telex