Ohio police say a 5-year-old boy saved his overdose parents by walking two blocks, alone and in the dark, to alert a family member that he thought that they were dead.
DEADLY US OF A HEROIN OVERDOSE QUADRUPLED IN FIVE YEARS: STUDY
Officers arrived at the couple’s home Thursday morning and found that she had a heroin overdose, according to a Middleton Police department Facebook post.
The emergency services used a drug overdose antidote to revive the unresponsive couple. Authorities found a 3-month-old baby girl sitting in a car seat in the vicinity.
The couple, who officials referred to as Lee Johnson and Chelsie Marshall, confirmed to the heroin and were jailed on child-endangering charges. The police shared the story on Facebook, urging drug users to seek help and for their loved ones to help them.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.