News

Of the more than 100,000 cases of cancer could be caused by impurities in tap water, study finds

to connectVideoFox News Flash, important news, for Sept. 20

Fox News Flash, important news, for Sept. 20 to be here. Check out what to click on Foxnews.com

A toxic cocktail of chemicals and chemical substances have been found in the united states. drinking water may be the cause of more than 100,000 cases of cancer, a new study by the nonprofit Environmental Working Group (EWG) have been found.

“The vast majority of community water systems to comply with the legal requirements,” said Olga Naidenko, D. Ph., the EWG’s vice president for science research, in a press release.”However, the latest research indicates that the level of contamination in the water at concentrations – completely legal can still be harmful to human health.”

The study, which was published in the research journal Heliyon, an assessment is carried out of the 22 hazardous contaminants, which have to comply with national drinking water standards, and found that the vast majority of the risk is due to arsenic, disinfection byproducts, and radioactive contaminants. Overall, tap water, exposure to cancer-causing agents is studied, leads to the 105,887 cases of cancer in the U.S. more than a statistical human life (70 years of age. This is the equivalent of four cases of cancer per 10,000 people.

THE MOSAIC WAS DISCOVERED IN ISRAEL ‘BURN A CHURCH, ” YOU CAN SHOW JESUS’ MIRACLE OF THE LOAVES AND THE FISHES

Fortunately, with the use of a water filter will reduce the risk of exposure to these chemicals.

Cancer risk assessment standard for ambient air quality assessment under the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the study is the first of its kind to perform a comprehensive cancer risk assessment of drinking water contaminants.

FIVE INCONVENIENT TRUTHS ABOUT THE CLIMATE-STRIKE

“It’s a drink of water is a complex mixture of contaminants, even government agencies are currently assessing the potential risks to the health of the water, substances that are due to one of them,” said Sydney Evans, a science analyst and the lead author of the paper, in a news release. “In the real world, people are exposed to combinations of substances, therefore, it is important that we begin with a review of the health effects by looking at the combined effect of multiple pollutants.”

The study examined the water quality of the profiles 48,363 community water systems, where the water is about 86% of U.S. homes. The remaining 14 per cent rely on private water wells for drinking water.

The study found that the risk is higher in the western part of the country, water scarcity is faced, there are. “In drier conditions, a decrease in the availability of water from surface water sources, the concentration of the pollutants at the existing source, and prompt communities to use ground water sources, even in areas where underlying aquifers have high levels of arsenic, or the radioactive materials’ as found. It has also been shown that people who rely on public water sources in the smaller municipalities are more at risk than larger ones.

The study states that the majority of the water in which they are to be tested in compliance with the national drinking-water standards. The E. P. A. data shows that only 4.5 per cent to 5.5 per cent of the community water systems had major violations from 2014 to 2017.

“We need to give priority to the source of information for the protection of water, in order to ensure that these are not drinking water to begin with,” Naidenko is closed.

THE FOX NEWS APP

Many of the other pollutants that have the potential to be dangerous to the public health will not be able to be included in the study.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular