in the vicinityVideocPentagon releases video of Iran shooting down a US drone
The former U.S. Ambassador to Bahrain, state Department Adam Ereli, and the former security adviser to the Vice President, Dick Cheney, John Hannah weigh in on how the United States respond to Iran, the shooting down of a military drone.
U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-NY, took to Twitter late Thursday to urge the trump administration for restraint in dealing with Iran.
The freshman Congressman’s request came after the White house accused Tehran for the recent attacks on two oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz and the shooting down of a drone in international air space.
“This government must, put his saber, and select a phone,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote.
Ocasio-Cortez, has policy as a leading voice for the Democrats, was a strong critic of Trump’s interior and exterior. She was asked by CNN about “dealing with Iran” and replied, “I think you’re trying to “goad” us into a military conflict that is completely irresponsible.”
She finished her tweet, “diplomacy is what gives us peace and stability and not war.”
It is unclear whether Iran would be willing to accept any diplomatic overtures from the US urges despite Ocasio-Cortez. Iran’s Supreme leader Sayyid Ali Hosseini Khamenei took a personal shot at President Trump last week, when he was pressed about the oil Tanker. He said Trump was not a “response worthy” one.
“I have no answer for him, now or in the future,” he said.
Top White house officials met classified briefing, which lasted for over an hour about the recent shooting down of a US Navy drone and the audience suggested a “measured” response is likely to come soon.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
The New York Times reported that Trump approved attacks on Iranian targets, including radar and missile batteries, but the plan was cancelled. The paper, citing a senior administration official reported that the planes and ships were in position, but, as I said, stand down.
Fox News could not report immediately to Times confirm”. The State Department did not immediately respond to an E-Mail from Fox News early Friday.