LYNBROOK, new york – Las Vegas couple has admitted to embezzling more than $900,000 of a Long Island construction company.
The Nassau County District Attorney’s Office said Tuesday that the 53-year-old Linda Minervini and the 37-year-old Thomas Cacaci, Jr. pleaded guilty in county court to second-degree grand larceny after prosecutors found they used the stolen money to pay for a timeshare, cars and other personal items in Las Vegas.
The couple previously lived in Queens. Prosecutors say Minervini and Cacaci stole $913,000 from 2009 to 2015, when Minervini worked as a paralegal for the Lynbrook company.
Newsday reports Minervini lawyer says that they will serve whatever sentence is given, while Cacaci’s lawyer declined to comment.
The public prosecutor demands a prison sentence of 3 to 9 years in prison and restitution of the money embezzled.
Information: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com