Actress claims to physical attack on set of ‘NCIS’
Actress Pauley Perrette brings a few tweets claiming physical abuse while working on the long running tv show ‘NCIS.’
“NCIS” has a new full-time forensic scientist who after the departure of the old star Pauley Perrette at the end of last season.
After the introduction of a new character in Season 15 of the iconic show, the CBS decided to Diona Reasonover character of Work Hines is a series regular, and named her as Abby Sciuto the replacement, the role Perrette was responsible for 15 seasons.
On Wednesday, CBS Studios shared the news with “NCIS” fans on Twitter and said: “Queue @DionaReasonover! We are so happy that your full-time season 16 of #NCIS as a forensic scientist, Work Hines!”
Queue @DionaReasonover! We are so happy that your full-time season 16 of #NCIS as a forensic scientist, Work Hines! pic.twitter.com/zLqkM7nRxQ
— CBS TV Studios (@CBSTVStudios) 18 July 2018
Reasonover’s character debuted as an assistant to David McCallum’s Ducky in March. After a few on-screen performances, the star member of the cast for the season finale, where Perrette formalized her departure from the show.
The next 8 May, and the final Perrette tweeted, “I refused to go low, that is why I have never said publicly what happened. But there are tabloid articles that are telling total lies about me. If you believe in them? Leave me alone. You clearly do not know me. (Sorry guys, had to be said).”
Days later, in another series of tweets, the star hinted at a number of on-set drama and violence during her time on the popular show.
“Maybe I’m wrong to not ‘spilling the beans’ the Telling of the story, THE TRUTH. I have a feeling that I have to protect my crew, jobs and so many people. But at what cost? I. don’t know,” Perrette wrote. “Just know, I try to do the right thing, but maybe silence is not the right thing about crime. I am… I… ?”
She continued in another tweet: “I have worked on ant-bullying programs for always. But now I KNOW because it was me! If the school or on the job, that you are obliged to go? It’s horrible. I left. Multiple Physical Aggression. I REALLY get it now. Stay safe. Nothing is worth your safety. Tell it to someone.”
When Perrette originally announced that she was leaving and again in 2017, the star claimed that her decision to leave was made last year and that was just the right time, after 16 years on the show, for her to step aside for new things.
In response to the star’s tweets, CBS Television Studios said in a statement, “more Than a year ago, Pauley came to us with a workplace concern,” the statement continues. “We took the matter seriously and worked with her to find a solution.”
The studio is closed by saying that, despite her decision to leave, they will miss her presence on the show.
“Pauley Perrette had a great run at the NCI, and we will miss her.”
The filming of “NCIS” Season 16 is now underway.
Fox News’ Tyler McCarthy contributed to this report.
You can find Morgan M. Evans on Twitter @themizfactor.