People who have sensitive skin need to be extra careful using acne scar skin care solutions. One thing with sensitive skin is that it can develop cysts, pimples, and other symptoms of acne easier than oily, dry and normal types of skin, along with taking a longer time to heal. Also, the chance for visible, stubborn, deep scars from acne is higher for those with sensitive skin.
Stay Away from OTC Treatments
If your sensitive skin is prone to acne, it is recommended that you stay away from OTC (over-the-counter) acne solutions. The reason being that these have ingredients that are harsh on the skin such as:
- Benzoyl peroxide that can cause the skin to dry out and peel, along with the fact that skin rashes can occur
- Salicylic acid, which some people have allergic reactions to when applied to their skin
- Glycolic compounds can cause toxicity in the body
There is no way that these solutions are the best for acne scar skin care when you have sensitive skin, or even a flare up of acne.
Use Only Gentle Methods of Skincare
In place of the OTC, traditional solutions for acne, we recommend using gentle solutions for skincare. These solutions are the most recommended for acne scar skin care. The solutions should be used both for treating acne flare ups as well as for preventing visible scars from acne.
- Do not scrub the skin to cleanse it.
- Use only non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, soap free cleanser specially designed for the face and sensitive skin.
- Use a moisturizer that has been specially formulated for sensitive skin. Moisturizing the skin in a very important part of best treatments for acne scars. The moisturizers stimulate collagen production, which diminishes the look of scars.
- Avoid being exposed to the sun for long periods of time. When you do get out in it, apply sunscreen.
- Do not rub your hands on your face. Also, do not let your face come into contact with your cell phone or your hair any more times than necessary.
You want to inflict as little trauma as possible to your skin. The acne has made it suffer enough stress and you should not place any added stress to it. Treat your skin gently, and that is what the top acne scar skin care is for your sensitive skin.
Change Your Eating Habits
Gorgeous skin begins on the inside of the body it starts with what you eat. You need to nourish your skin, so it has the ability to fight off an attack of acne. Follow the information below to find out how.
- Drink the right amount of water so that the toxins are flushed out of the body.
- Eat plenty of fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, lean meats, whole grains, legumes and fish. It is best to eat foods that are rich in vitamin A and zinc, because they are beneficial in fighting scars from acne.
- Quit eating food which can cause allergic reactions such as caffeine, chocolate, fried foods, and dairy products.
After all, the best treatments for acne scars begin with stopping the acne before it breaks out on the skin. Through nourishing the skin with the food you eat, you will lower your risk for an acne flare up happening, whether it is cysts or blackheads. Also, by doing this, you are practicing among the top methods for acne skin care.
Turn to Natural Acne Solutions
For the surface of your skin, you can apply some of the proven natural treatments below to help your acne scars heal:
- Aloe Vera
- Water containing oatmeal
- Ice cubes
- Jojoba oil
Yes, the best treatments for acne scars require the holistic method. You have to approach the issue with the food you eat, gentle solutions for skincare and natural topical remedies.
About Author :
M Rochell has over 30 years of experience discovering safe, natural solutions to sensitive skincare. Her website MySensitiveSkincare.com which offers free information on acne sensitive skin treatment.