connectVideoMan records close encounter with a large mountain lion prowling around in his backyard
California man is described as ‘amazing’ encounter with a large mountain lion he spotted in his backyard by his bedroom window.
A mountain lion, who was found dead in California last month had rat poison in her system, officials said on Tuesday.
The animal, called the P-47, was found dead on March 21 in the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, the National Park Service said.
Mountain lion P-47, found dead in California last month have died from rat poison, officials said.
(Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area)
A necropsy determined the 3-year-old baby died from rat poison, as he had six different compounds of rodenticide in the system, but the exact cause of death is still not confirmed.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP
P-47 would have eaten a squirrel or another animal that has ingested poison, or snacked on a coyote or another predator that ate tainted prey, according to researchers.
The National Park Service said poison substances were found in 21 of the 22 mountain lions tested by biologists.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.