(John Douglas, left, is still at large after police say he kidnapped his ex-girlfriend Nicole Smith earlier this week.)
A Minnesota woman who was kidnapped at gunpoint by her ex-boyfriend earlier this week outside her work, was buried on Saturday, the officials said.
Nicole Smith, who was abducted in the suburb of Minneapolis in Minnetonka on Thursday, back to her family Saturday evening, the Minnetonka Police Department said in a press release.
“We are pleased that Nicole was at home, and our thoughts are with her and her family,” Minnetonka Police Captain Shelley Petersen said in a statement. “Now, our continued focus is to find Jahon Douglas. We believe that he is armed and dangerous; if anyone has knowledge of his whereabouts, do not approach him.”
Douglas, 37, was seen by a witness of the kidnap of Smith armed around 4 pm on Thursday and forcing her into a silver 2001 Pontiac Bonneville with license plate 947-WWM.
The 2001 Pontiac Bonneville police say Nicole Smith was placed in after she was kidnapped on Thursday outside of her work.
Smith returned home a little more than two days after her abduction. The police said they are still investigating the details surrounding her abduction and return, and had no further details.
The couple had a history of domestic disputes, police told the Star-Tribune.
Family members on Saturday said they were grateful that Smith made it home.
MS-13 FOILED IN KIDNAP, MURDER OF TEEN BOY ON LONG ISLAND
“I want to thank everyone who was there to help–family members, the media and friends,” says Karen Weborg, Smith’s mother told FOX 9. “I am so grateful that she’s home and safe.”
Police still warned that Douglas remains on the loose, and remains, the “armed and dangerous,” adding that anyone who spots him should contact the police.
Travis Fedschun is a reporter for FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter @travfed