News

Meghan Markle’s father claims that he hung on Prince Harry during the conversation about staged paparazzi photo

Thomas Markle claims that he hung on Prince Harry for he and Meghan’s wedding. (Reuters)

(Reuters)

Meghan Markle’s father, Thomas Markle, is the sharing of new information about his conversations with his daughter and Prince Harry.

In a new interview with The Mail on Sunday, published on Saturday, the Duchess of Sussex 74-year-old’s father claims that he lied and “hung up” on Meghan now-husband after a phone call on his photo scandal. Prior to his daughter’s marriage, it was revealed that the retired TV lighting director, had worked with the paparazzi to arrange a photo of themselves.

Meghan Markle, the Father of Thomas Wants the Royal Family to Come out of the ‘Silence’ Mode and Speak With Him

“Harry told me that I never got to the press. That would end up in tears. He said: “They eat your life,'” Thomas says in the new interview about one of his first conversations with the 33-year-old Duke of Sussex, the admission, “He was right.”

Harry reportedly called Thomas to ask whether the reports of him staging pictures were true, in which Thomas claims that he lied to the Prince, and he told him that he “was measured for a hoodie.”

After the news broke, Thomas says that the couple called him, while he recovered from a heart attack and that Harry allegedly told him, “If you had listened to me this would have never happened.”

Meghan Markle, the Father of Thomas Thinks They’re ‘Scared’, Says He Was Frozen Out of Communication With Her

Thomas then claims he answered: “Perhaps it would be better for you if I was dead… then you can pretend to be sad,” and hung up on Harry.

Meghan’s father, but admits that the Prince was “absolutely right” to criticize him, but he speaks that it is Meghan not let him make a speech on her wedding day “that hurts” him. Thomas never made it to the wedding after suffering a heart attack.

“I’m not angry at Harry. I’m not angry at Meghan. I love them. I wish them well,” he said. “But for the rest of the f**k. I’m done with it.”

Thomas’ retelling of the phone conversation that he had with the couple after his photo scandal was very different than the one he told “Good Morning Britain” in June. During his first TELEVISION interview, Thomas said he apologized to both Harry and Meghan for his actions.

Meghan Markle’s Father Says that He Has not Spoken with the Royal Family Since His TV Interview

“Actually, it was not [difficult conversation]. They were very forgiving,” he revealed during the paid interview. Later that month, Thomas told TMZ that he had not spoken with his daughter or members of the royal family since the “Good Morning Britain” interview.

Meanwhile, a source told ET last week that Meghan remains angry that her father continues to give interviews to the press.

“She has not spoken with her father in more than 10 weeks since her marriage, and is still hurt by her father, who both staged photos and remains a paid-for interviews,” the source shared. “The Palace is at a loss of what to do and it is re-evaluating options, including a more aggressive strategy the tribe of embarrassment caused by Meghan’s father, half sister and half brother.”

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular