News

Man re-arrested for the fatal stabbing of a Houston boy, 11

HOUSTON – Newly tested DNA evidence has resulted in the re-arrest of a man accused of fatally stabbing an 11-year-old Houston boy when he was walking home from school by 2016, authorities said on Tuesday.

Andre, Timothy Jackson, Jr. was indicted by a grand jury in Houston, texas, in the death of Joshua Flores.

The sixth child, was killed as he walked home from a science club’s meeting held at Marshall Middle School, located just north of downtown Houston, texas, on the 17th of May, 2016. Authorities say the boy had been stabbed at least 20 times.

After his indictment on Tuesday, mr. Jackson, 30, was arrested by Houston police department officers who had him under surveillance for a couple of days.

At a news conference, Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg, has declined to discuss the newly-tested DNA evidence, except to say that it had been sent to a laboratory in the Florida keys.

Authorities say that DNA evidence that was tested, tuned and Joshua.

In court documents filed earlier this month, lawyers for Houston police department said the clothes previously seized from Jackson’s continued need to prove it.

Jackson was charged with murder, weeks after Joshua’s death. However, the prosecutors dropped the charges in 2017, saying there was not enough evidence to try him, or to uphold a way of life.

“We believe that now we are able to bring justice to Joshua’s family,” Ogg said.

She is set to appear in court on Wednesday.

A lawyer who had represented Jackson when he was arrested, and not immediately return a call seeking comment on Tuesday.

In a YouTube video published last month after a police press conference will be held on the third anniversary date of Joshua’s long time to kill, Jackson proclaimed his innocence and criticized the police for continuing to give him the name of a suspect in the case.

Jackson called the police, a news conference to be held in May, was a “publicity stunt” and “a form of intimidation.”

“I’m not Joshua’s killer to justice. I’m not a killer,” he said.

Houston’s Executive Assistant police chief Troy Finner, said Tuesday he’s still a suspect to the investigators.

Jackson, a Marine Corps veteran, had been living in a Salvation Army shelter when he was arrested and imprisoned in 2016. Finner said the officers on Tuesday and took him into custody during a traffic stop in Baytown, a suburb of Houston, texas, where he now resides.

Houston’s Mayor, Sylvester Turner said that he and Houston Police department Chief Art Acevedo visited with jesus in the family last week to let them know about the new developments in the case.

“We can’t go back to Joshua, but we will be able to bring justice to his memory, and to the protection of the other children in the community,” Turner said.

Jackson wasn’t the first person to be charged in the case.

The 31-year-old man with a long criminal history is charged with day after the murder, but that was dropped when the detectives find evidence in support of his alibi.

___

Follow Juan A. Lozano on Twitter www.twitter.com/juanlozano70

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular