The Secret Service has a suspect in custody after he claimed that he had said a bomb in a bag he was carrying, in the vicinity of the White house, an Agency source, Fox News.
The source said, and the man outside the fence of the White house when he told officers he had a bomb in the bag. Officers arrested him and searched the bag on the scene.
The Secret Service said on Twitter that it is introduced, road closures and a security perimeter in the answer, and also attracted visitors and media to a “safe distance.” These included grass under media from the North, although the area was later re-opened.
Suspicious package investigations, a suspect is in custody! pic.twitter.com/O25gr5B72f
— U.S. Secret Service (@the secret service) March 28, 2017
East Wing tours were also suspended, while others-White-house-were activities in operation as normal.
The incident is the latest security episode, including a string of fence-jumpers in the last few weeks.
Recently a woman was arrested early Sunday for scaling a fence in the treasure chamber after trying something similar to the White house last week.
Fox News’ John Roberts contributed to this report.