Majority Eredivisieclubs says confidence in supervisory board KNVB
A majority of the clubs in the Premier league has confidence in the board of directors (supervisory board) of the football association KNVB cancelled.
The proposed decision to Gijs de Jong to appoint as a successor for Bert van Oostveen as director of football is therefore suspended.
That has the football association on Wednesday decided after a meeting of the Eredivisieclubs with the supervisory board of the KNVB. After that conversation, said a majority of the clubs trust.
“Since it is the supervisory board that the new director shall appoint, the appointment thereof suspended,” says the KNVB in a statement.
The meeting with the clubs went Wednesday about the state of affairs at the football association, the last time, such as the procedures at the departure and appointment of directors within the board of directors paid in football. The answers of the supervisory board were for the most clubs is not enough, in which they trust opzegden.
Johan Lokhorst is the chairman of the supervisory board, where further Simon Kelder, Henk Kivits, former international Johan de Kock and Ger Vermeulen part of it.
Last week expressed KNVB chairman Michael van Praag have any criticism on the supervisory board. Prague was not informed of the departure of director Bert van Oostveen.
The Amsterdammer had expected that the board of commissioners to him in trust had taken and brought up to date about what was going on on the director.
“We all know how it works: there must be support at the clubs, our members. We find it therefore not more than logical that we find ourselves with the board to reconsider the situation,” said Jean-Paul Decossaux of the KNVB Wednesday.
Van Oostveen made at the end of August, his departure known. The director had been for some time under fire, in part due to his choices for the coaches of the Dutch national team.
Despite missing the european CHAMPIONSHIPS, the board of directors of the KNVB at the end of last year, however, Van Oostveen to be reappointed as director of football, for a period of three years. Barely ten months later, left the 45-year-old driver from Amstelveen yet.
Coach Danny Blind was not happy with the moment when Van Oostveen, his departure announced, shortly before the first major world cup qualifier against Sweden.