News

Lucy Hale speaks out about the fact that victims of sexual violence

Lucy Hale opened up about her experience with sexual abuse in an interview with Haute Living Los Angeles to be released on June 18.

(Reuters)

Lucy Hale is opening up about her experiences with sexual abuse.

“I’ve experienced stuff on the small side, but the attack is an attack,” the “Pretty Little Liars” star, 29, told Haute Living Los Angeles in an interview released Monday.

“I think there are a lot of people who are already drunk and taken advantage of,” she said. “It’s happened to me and people I know. It is very common. Fortunately, I’m unharmed; nothing injured is too heavy for me.”

In January, Hale wrote in a since deleted social media posts, “I’ve never understood sexual violence, until tonight. I have always sympathized, but I never felt the pain of it until now. My dignity and pride was broken … I am completely at a loss of words … I feel for everyone who felt the pain that I feel now. But I promise. I will not let you for a moment, I’m not going to try to make a difference.”

She previously told People that part of the #MeToo motion is the making of survivors of sexual misconduct, feel less alone.

“I feel very honored to be around a lot of powerful women who speak about it,” she said. “I think that is where the change begins when people start talking, because you never know who is listening or whose life you can affect.

This article originally appeared on Page Six.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular