Lionel Messi is the leading contender to be Monday night for the Gold Ball, in order to take it. It would be the sixth time that the Argentine is the prestigieuste individual prize in football, to win, to which he was to rid himself of his eternal rival, Cristiano Ronaldo.
The crème de la crème of football will gather on Monday at the Théâtre du Châtelet in Paris, the award ceremony of the Golden Ball. Using the Spanish media, was leaked two weeks ago that lionel Messi (32) at the Golden Ball, this year will be to win. The Portuguese is back for FC Barcelona, it was last month with a delegation of the France Football, the French magazine that, for the election of the family.
It is a common practice for journalists of France Football, in the run-up to the gala, the winner of the contest who will also be photos taken for the magazine. The Spanish Mundo Deportivo went on the basis of this, the conclusion is that the two Sides for the price again and hold to drag.
While lionel Messi, last year, at the international level, no grand prize is won, the Argentine star is still the big favourite to win the Golden Ball. But how does the election process work?
Lionel Messi shows off his first the Golden Ball to the audience of the camp nou, where it was in 2009. (Photo: Pro-Shots)
The Golden Ball in French is ” le Ballon d’or since 2007, the award for the best footballer in the world. From the year 1956 until 1994, when it became the trophy awarded to the best European soccer player in a European league. Since 1995, we are also of non-Europeans in a European championship qualifying.
In 2010, the organization of the Ballon d’or, along with that of The FIFA Men’s Player of the second prize, which since 1991 has been the best player in the world. The contest, which is organised by the wereldvoetbalbond of FIFA was, however, a less highly regarded than the Ballon d’or.
After a successful collaboration for six years, decided to France Football back on their own two feet, to go to the Ballon d’or. FIFA called in september, lionel Messi as the best player of the previous season, and for Virgil van Dijk, and to the Right.
Proceedings of the Golden Ball
In the run-up to the election, published on France Football in October, and a long list of thirty candidates. This list has been compiled by an international team of editors of a French weekly magazine.
It is also a vote for the best goalkeeper (Yashin Trophy), talented (Kopa Trophy) and the football player (Ballon d’or Féminin) in the world.
Over the last ten winners of the Golden Ball
- 2018: Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
- 2017: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
- 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
- 2015: Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona)
- 2014: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
- 2013: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
- 2012: Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona)
- 2011: Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona)
- 2010: Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona)
- 2009: Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona)
The voting system
The winner of the Ballon d’or, which will be designated on the basis of a voting method, among 176 journalists. Each country is represented by one of the journalist, who points to the winner (six), the number two, four, three, three, four of them (two of them), and five (one). The player with the most victory points places taken up on the price.
In addition to Sides Of Embankment and Right up to the thirty-three nominees for the Ballon d’or. The Portuguese shares the record for most trophies (six) as always, the Former.
The orange-international Frenkie de Jong, Matthijs de ligt, Donny van de Beek, Georginio Wijnaldum, and Ajax attacker Dusan Tadic is also on the long list.
Virgil van Dijk was in August named UEFA’s Player of the Year. (Photo: Pro-Shots)
This is the thirty players nominated for the Ballon d’or in 2019:
- Sergio Agüero (Manchester City/Argentina)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal/Russia)
- Alisson Becker (Liverpool/Brazil)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid/France)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City, Belgium)
- Frenkie de Jong (Ajax/Barcelona/Netherlands)
- This Is a Ajax/Juventus/Holland)
- Joao Felix (Benfica/Atlético Madrid/Portugal)
- Roberto Firmino (Liverpool/Brazil)
- Antoine Griezmann (Atlético Madrid/Barcelona/France)
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea/Real Madrid/Belgium)
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli/Senegal)
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich, Poland)
- Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur/Germany)
- Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City (Algeria)
- Sadio Mané (Liverpool/Senegal)
- Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain/Brazil)
- Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain/France)
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona/Argentina)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus/Portugal)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)/(Egypt)
- Bernardo Silva (Manchester City/Portugal
- Heung-min Son (Tottenham Hotspur/South Korea)
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City/England)
- Dusan Tadic (Ajax/Serbia)
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona, spain/Germany)
- Donny van de Beek (Ajax amsterdam/Holland)
- Virgil van Dijk and Liverpool, the Netherlands)
- Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool), The Netherlands)