to connectVideoFox News Flash, important news, July 26,
Fox News Flash top headlines for July 26, are here. Check out what to click on Foxnews.com
In a lawsuit accusing Royal Caribbean’s failure to help to to to prevent the statutory rape of a minor girl on a 2015 cruise, you can go to a court of appeals has ruled.
The suit, originally filed in march of 2017, and was at first rejected by a court in Miami, according to the Miami Herald. On Wednesday, the court of appeal overturned the ruling, saying that the plaintiff has sufficiently alleged that Royal Caribbean violated the “duty of care” to the woman, identified in court documents as K. T., which has resulted in her to be cruel and gang-raped her.”
SEE: EX-CRUISE PASSENGER CLAIMS CAB BE FILLED WITH THE SMELLY ‘WASTE WATER’ TO TRAVEL
K. T. has also said that the incident took place on board the Oasis of the Seas in December 2015, when she was 15 years old. She claims that, several adult men took her several alcoholic drinks as long as she’s in the public areas of the ship, to the point where she was “obviously intoxicated, become disoriented and unstable.”
She claimed this was her “go to a cabin, where she had been brutally assaulted and gang-raped her,” according to court documents cited by USA Today.
K. T. further alleged that, prior to the cab, and the incident took place in the light of Royal Caribbean’s staff members and security cameras.
The victim claims that by 2015 the incident took place in the light of Royal Caribbean’s staff members and security cameras.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER
“In other words, the complaint has sufficiently alleged that, because of Royal Caribbean’s crew members didn’t do anything to prevent a large group of people from the sailing of the K. T., with enough alcohol to turn to her, and didn’t do anything to stop these men will lead her to a private cabin-Royal Caribbean’s breach of the duty of ordinary care that it owed,” the court stated.
The court also noted that, with 66 reported cases of sexual assault in the US, on the basis of the cruises have been reported to be between 2010 and September of 2015, with at least 20 of those were reported on Royal Caribbean’s cruise liners, which is the target of the allegations is that the company was aware of these serious issues.”
K. T. had not disclosed the incident to Royal Caribbean, but a short time later, a psychologist, in accordance with the woman’s lawyer, Carol Finklehoff.
“This has had a profound impact on the course of its life, that is a lot of in-patient care,” said Finklehoffe, according to the Miami Herald. “To this day, she still struggles to cope with her life.”
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FOX NEWS APP
Royal Caribbean was not able to comment on the lawsuit, but said in an e-mail message to Fox News that it was taking the complaint very seriously.
“The safety and security of our guests is our number one priority,” a representative for the cruise line to book.