FILE – This undated file photo from surveillance video provided by the Los Angele Police shows a man they are seeking in connection with the attack on several of the homeless men who were brutally beaten with a baseball bat in Los Angeles early Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018. Two of those men have died. Authorities on Monday, Sept. 24, a man was arrested on suspicion of bludgeoning a homeless man in Santa Monica, Calif., previously Monday. He is now being investigated in connection with at least six attacks in the two cities that have three dead. (Los Angeles Police Department via AP, File)
LOS ANGELES – The Latest on a man suspected in the beatings of homeless men in Southern California (all times are local):
A Houston police spokesman says foul play is now suspected in the disappearance of the aunt and uncle of a suspect in a number of California murders.
Houston Police Department spokesman Kese (KEEZ) Smith said late Wednesday that he had no further information about the development in the disappearance of the 60-year-old Dina Escobar and 65-year-old Rogelio Escobar, whose cousin, 47-year-old Ramon Albert Escobar. Ramon Escobar is considered a person of interest in the business.
Ramon Escobar is suspected of a series of murders and assaults targeting sleeping homeless people in Southern California. He was charged Wednesday in Los Angeles, with three counts of murder, five counts of attempted murder and four counts of second-degree robbery.
Arrest is postponed for a man suspected in a series of murders and the defeat of targeting sleeping homeless people in Southern California.
Forty-seven-year-old Ramon Albert Escobar was charged Wednesday with three counts of murder, five counts of attempted murder and four counts of second-degree robbery.
However, his scheduled arraignment was pushed back to Nov. 8.
A judge in Los Angeles ordered him held without bail until then.
Escobar has a long criminal history and has been deported to his native El Salvador six times.
The police in Houston say that he is a person of interest in the disappearance of his uncle and aunt.
Los Angeles police say the series of attacks on the sleeping men in L. A. and Santa Monica began this month, shortly after Escobar arrived in California and Texas.
A man suspected in a series of murders and assaults that targeted sleeping homeless people in Southern California, is charged with three counts of murder, five counts of attempted murder and four counts of second-degree robbery.
Los Angeles County prosecutors said Wednesday that Ramon Alberto Escobar will be arraigned later in the day.
Police say Escobar has a long criminal record in the U.S. Federal officials say that he will be deported to his native El Salvador six times.
The 47-year-old defendant also faces special circumstance allegations in the Los Angeles case of multiple murders and murder during the perpetration of a robbery, making him eligible for the death penalty.
It could not immediately be determined whether he had a lawyer.
The police in Houston want to talk to him about the disappearance of his uncle and aunt.
A man who Los Angeles police say is a “deportable felon” who are responsible for the defeat of the death of three men was questioned weeks earlier by Houston authorities about the disappearance of his aunt, but released because he had no outstanding warrants.
Houston police spokesman Kese Smith said Wednesday that the 47-year-old Ramon Escobar was not a suspect in his aunt’s disappearance when he was questioned Aug. 30.
Smith said a background check determined he had no outstanding warrants and was in the country on a work visa, so he was released.
Smith says immigration status is checked only when a person is booked in the city jail after he was accused of a crime.
Federal officials say Escobar was deported to his native El Salvador six times.
The authorities say that Escobar later traveled to Los Angeles, where he was being held Wednesday for allegedly attacking homeless men as they slept.
Now he is a person of interest in the disappearance of his uncle and aunt.
A man who was deported from the United States six times, is expected in court Wednesday to face the charges after police say he killed three people injured and four in attacks focused on sleeping homeless men in California.
The police planned to ask prosecutors Wednesday to charge a 47-year-old Ramon Escobar with murder and attempted murder.
Investigators believe Escobar tried to rob the men.
It was not known if Escobar, who is being held without bail, has a lawyer.
Immigration officials say Escobar is from El Salvador, but has a long criminal history in the united states. He was released from Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody last year after appealing his latest immigration case, but his legal status was not immediately clear.
Authorities in Houston see him as a person of interest in the disappearance of his uncle and aunt.