The former NBA player and ex-husband of Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom, told the fans that he is ‘OK’ after a shooting at a Queens Hooters.
Former NBA star Lamar Odom escaped injury as gunfire broke out between his friends and another group outside a Queens Hooters, police said.
The 38-year-old ex-husband of Khloé Kardashian, and his friends were at an outdoor table of the Fresh Meadows Place, eatery, when members of his entourage got into a fight with the other group around 12:30 a.m. last Thursday.
The police said witnesses reported that a man from the other group pulls a gun and fire several shots in the air before the flight.
No one was struck, police said, and Odom is not in the intended target group, or are involved in the dispute.
The retired Laker posted a message on Instagram about the scary incident.
“I want my fans to know that I’m OK. Thanks for the posts I will try to respond to as many fans as I can,” he wrote.
“Just to share the ‘truth’ here with you all. I was near the scene when it just happened and not involved in any way! Thanks, Lamar Odom,” he added.
The real facts ⬆️ @tmz_tv @saamzangenehlaw
The South Jamaica native previously posted a photo of himself posing with the family in his birthplace.
“Thanks to Queens, I loved to be home for a bit to spend time with my son, daughter and catch up with my childhood homies,” he wrote. “You will always be my HOME.”
Later he posted a photo of himself in Amsterdam.
“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection. – Thomas Paine,” he wrote in the caption.
Law enforcement sources told TMZ that police are looking for the shooter. No arrests have been made.
His lawyer, Saam Zangeneh told the site that Odom “is a law-abiding citizen, and he did his best to answer all the questions the police had for him.”
The incident happened a few days after Odom announced on Instagram that he is moving to China.
“Happy and proud to announce that I signed a global management contract with my new @NinetyPlusOfficial family,” he wrote in a since deleted post, together with a image of himself standing next to suspected business partners.
The company, according to its website, concerts and music festivals and also manages the intellectual property for the entertainers.
“I feel so happy to be writing new episodes of my life in a different country that is so big in basketball,” he wrote. “I am grateful that you all as a support of my fans through my ups and downs.”
The ex-hoopster notorious was found unconscious in a brothel in Nevada in November 2016. He fell into a coma for three days and eventually entered rehab for substance abuse in December 2016.
He officially severed ties with Kardashian after seven years of marriage at the end of 2016.
This story was previously published in the New York Post.