News

Kevin Smith celebrates the dramatic weight loss six months after a massive heart attack

Kevin Smith shared pictures of his dramatic weight loss just six months after his heart attack.

(Reuters)

It’s been half a year ago that Kevin Smith was a near-fatal heart attack and was instructed by his doctor to lose a lot of weight. Now, the acclaimed director is the celebration of a job well done.

Smith took to Instagram on Sunday to show once again how much he wants to go above and beyond the expectations of the people with a front and side shot of his incredible progress.

Kevin Smith Reflects on the almost-Fatal heart attack During the Celebration of the 48th Anniversary

“@Weightwatchers Ambassador is pleased to announce that I AM 51 KILOGRAM!”, he said.

“Six months ago now, I was in the hospital recovering from a heart attack, I had been the night before. When I went to my Doctor a week later she told me ” The best thing you can do for yourself right now is to lose 50 pounds.’ Half a year later, I can say that I followed Doctor’s orders,” Smith wrote. “I started at 256 and now I weigh 205. This is the lightest I’ve been since high school!”

@Weightwatchers Ambassador is pleased to announce that I AM 51 KILOGRAM! Six months ago now, I was in the hospital recovering from a heart attack, I had been the night before. When I went to my Doctor a week later she told me “The best thing you can do for yourself now is to lose 50 pounds.” Half a year later, I can say that I followed Doctor’s orders: I started at 256 and now I weigh 205. This is the lightest I’ve been since high school! My hope is I can now slowly losing with 10 #weightwatchers and go to my birth weight of 195! But for now, I’m delighted to have reached a big milestone! I want to thank you #pennjillette for his book #presto, @raycronise for getting me started with the potato famine, and the good folks at #weightwatchers for their app-based program that made it easy to keep track and control over my eating! And also I would like to express my gratitude to the kid @harleyquinnsmith – the small vegan astronaut who investigated this meatless/milkless galaxy for me, a good example. Since I never wanted to see the inside of a hospital ever again, I just copied it to the Boy. So this was not a diet: these results come from a total change of lifestyle of eating only vegetable food (this is annoying, because I hate vegetables). But mainly, I want to thank all of you as well for the kind and encouraging words along the way. Never underestimate the power of positive feedback: people tell me that I looked better or healthier helped me stick with it. An encouraging word can really make a difference in someone’s life and your compliments kept me going! And look where I went! #KevinSmith #WWambassador #WWFreestyle #WWFamily #WWBros #weightlosstransformation #weightloss #WWCommunity #ad *People following the Weight Watchers program can expect to lose 1-2lbs per week.

A post shared by Kevin Smith (@thatkevinsmith) on Aug 26, 2018 12:56 PDT

My hope is I can now slowly losing with 10 #weightwatchers and go to my birth weight of 195!” Smith made a joke. “But for now, I’m ecstatic to have reached a big milestone!”

Kevin Smith’s Doctor Told Him Smoking a Joint Before the heart attack Saved His Life

Smith went to thank Penn Jillette — who recently documented his own huge weight loss in his book, Presto! — and radical nutritionist Ray Cronise for their sage diet wisdom, as well as his daughter, for the guidance and support of his new vegan lifestyle.

“I want to thank all of you as well for the kind and encouraging words along the way,” Smith added. “Never underestimate the power of positive feedback: people tell me that I looked better or healthier helped me stick with it. An encouraging word can really make a difference in someone’s life and your compliments kept me going! And just look where I went!”

Smith was rushed to the hospital on Feb. 25 with 100% blockage of his left anterior descending artery, also known as the “widow-maker.” However, due to an emergency surgery and talented doctors, Smith survived.

Kevin Smith Says the heart attack Was ‘Ironic’ Best for His Health During the Reveal of the Latest weight Loss

Smith had already lost 80-90 pounds in the past ten years in the run-up to his heart episode, but the doctors said that the damage was already done and he had to be even healthier, that lead to his aggressive approach to losing weight and changing his relationship with food.

ET caught up with Smith at San Diego Comic-Con last month, and the “Hollyweed” star admitted that he never thought he would ever actually be fit.

“I just assumed I would be fat my whole life and I would never be my high school weight again, or none of those things,” Smith shared. “But after the heart attack, suddenly I was like all right, I will never go back in that room again, with someone to go to my groin to my heart through my femoral artery, to tell me that there is a 20% chance that I will live, and 80 percent chance I will die.”

Check out the video below to hear more from Smith about his new, healthier lifestyle, and how his brush with death motivated him to resurrect “Hollyweed,” an old comedy project that he had made years ago and is now trying to bring to TV.

A post shared by Kevin Smith (@thatkevinsmith) on Aug 4, 2018 at 5:07 PDT

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular