News

Julie Chen returned to TV, hosting ‘Big Brother’ after man Les Moonves dismissal of the CBS

Julie Chen returns to host “Big Brother” on Thursday, a few days after her husband, Les Moonves, the dismissal of the CBS.

(CBS)

Julie Chen has returned to the TV host “Big Brother”, just a few days after her husband, Les Moonves, the dismissal of the CBS.

In a clip posted by TMZ, Chen, 48, was all smiles as she opened the show on Thursday.

In her introduction, that she is not her husband or her absence of “The interview” earlier this week. Instead, Chen is aimed at giving a summary and tease what was to come on the reality series.

pic.twitter.com/0FOxdSlVos

— Julie Chen (@JulieChen) September 14, 2018

However, as Variety noted, Chen did end of the show, apparently signaling support for her husband. “From outside the ‘Big Brother’ house… I’m Julie Chen Moonves. Good evening,” she said.

Chen’s back to the “Big Brother” comes on the heels of her missing the season 9 premiere of “The call” on Monday. At the moment they are in a statement to Various explaining her absence.

“I’m a few days out of ‘The Talk’ with my family,” she said. “I will see you again soon, and see you Thursday night on Big Brother.”

close


Video

Les Moonves steps down amid allegations of sexual misconduct

CBS CEO Les Moonves resignation just hours after Ronan Farrow’s bombshell report in The New Yorker revealed six women more leveling abuse allegations against the tv executive.

Her absence came a day after Moonves stepped down as chairman and CEO of CBS after at least 12 women came forward to accuse him of sexual misconduct in a few of the New Yorker articles written by Pulitzer Prize winner Ronan Farrow, published on Sunday.

In a statement released Sunday evening, CBS said Moonves would differ from his position “effective immediately.” COO Joseph Ianniello was announced as president and CEO while the Board conducts a search for a permanent successor.”

The network has also announced, and Moonves would donate $20 million to organizations “that provide support for the #MeToo movement and equality for women in the workplace.” The $20 million would come out of any compensation Moonves is due to receive following the conclusion of an investigation into the allegations against him.

Moonves’ future at CBS came in question in July, after the first Farrow exposé in the New Yorker detailed allegations from six women.

Then on Sunday, the New Yorker published claims against Moonves by six women. Some claimed he forced them to perform oral sex on him, forcibly kissed them, exposed himself to unwilling participants, and put the careers of those who rejected his advances at risk.

CBS CHIEF LES MOONVES STEPS DOWN AMID ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT

In a statement to the magazine, Moonves said: “The terrible allegations in this article are untrue. What is true is that I had voluntary relationships with the three women of about 25 years ago, before I came to CBS. And I have never used my position as an obstacle to the progress or the careers of women.”

He continues: “In my 40 years of working, I’ve never heard of such disturbing allegations. I can only surmise they are surfacing now for the first time, decades later, as part of a concerted effort by others to destroy my name, my name, and my career. Anyone who knows me knows that the person described in this article is not of me.”

Fox News’ Samuel Chamberlain, Fox Business Network’s Charlie Gasparino and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular