Johan Cruyff is not only a football legend and the best footballer of the Netherlands, he is also a champion of the one-liners. Our editorial team put 14 legendary quotes in a row.
1. “The ball is an essential part of the game.’
2. ‘Playing football is very simple, but the hardest thing there is, is simple to play football.’
3. “If you don’t know win, you need to ensure that you do not lose.’
4. ‘Italians know not of you win, but you know of them lose.’
5. ‘If you get one goal more than the other, then you win.’
6. ‘You must shoot, otherwise you can’t score”.
7. “As long as you have the ball, you know they are not scoring.’
8. ‘There is but one moment in time can come. You’re not, then you are either too early, or too late.’
9. “Often, something must happen before something happens.’
10. ‘If I want you to understand, I had better explain.’
11. “Before I make a mistake, I make that mistake not.’
12. “You’d better go down with your own vision than with the vision of another.’
13. “Every disadvantage have its advantage.’
14. ‘In a way I am probably immortal.’