in the vicinity
AG Jeff Sessions, to testify before the House Judiciary Committee
Former DOJ official Bob describes Driscoll, what is to be expected.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions heads to Capitol Hill Tuesday morning to face congressional investigators amid new evidence of Russian collusion in the 2016 presidential elections.
The former Alabama senator will be interviewed by the House Judiciary Committee in relation to exactly how much he knew about alleged Russian contacts’ involvement with the trump campaign.
The appearance comes after the FBI revealed a former trump campaign aide guilty of making false statements to the intelligence arm. And another former adviser, recently testified that the meetings, 70, knew of a trip he took to Russia during the campaign.
Read on for a chronology of the meetings participation of the President of Trump’s campaign and the Russia-election.
June 16, 2015 – Donald Trump officially announces his candidacy for President at an event in Manhattan.
28. February 2016 – sessions are supported Trump at a rally in Alabama, the first senator to do so.
3. March 2016 – Trump-picks, meetings to lead, his campaign’s National Security Advisory Committee.
31. March 2016 – Trump’s Instagram account published a photo of the applicant’s meeting with his national security team. Apart from Trump, meetings in picture-in-picture, as well as George Papadopoulos, the former campaign consultant, later plead guilty to lying to the FBI.
TRUMP AND THE RUSSIA-INVESTIGATION: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
April 27, 2016 – reports suggest the meetings may have had a private meeting with Russia’s Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC
Sessions later denied meeting any private while you are in the hotel for Trump’s speech.
July 2016 – Sessions meets with Kislyak during the Republican National Convention in Ohio. This meeting, as well as another with Kislyak, will not be made public, while his lawyer to hear General confirmation.
8. September 2016 – sessions met with Kislyak in his office. Sessions later says he does not remember the details of the conference, apart from the discussion about a trip he took to Russia with a Church group in the early 1990s.
The couple in a heated discussion over the Ukraine, and meetings later, Fox News is told.
8. November 2017 – Trump wins the presidential election.
January, May 10, 2017 – Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., ask meetings if he knows, the communication between the Russian government and the trump campaign during his confirmation hearing for attorney General.
“I’m not aware of any of these activities. I have been called to comment on a surrogate, a time or two in this campaign and I have not communication with the Russians, and I’m not in the situation,” sessions says.
TRUMP SLAMS MEETINGS, DOJ FOR NOT TO CLINTON
17. January 2017 – Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., sets to answer the written questions for the meetings, which also Have the question, “you in contact with someone connected to a part of the Russian government on the election in 2016, either before or after the elections?”
Meetings allegedly no answers with a word: “.”
February 1, 2017 – meetings, the approval by the Senate judiciary Committee of the U.S. attorney General.
2. March 2017 – bend to the pressure of legislators, meetings recuses himself from the justice Department investigation into a possible Russian agreement in the presidential election.
June 13, 2017 – Sessions, appears before the Senate Intelligence Committee and stated unequivocally that he “never met or had a conversation with a Russian or a foreign official in connection with any type of interface with any campaign or election in the United States.”
During this hearing, Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W. V., asks meetings about whether certain people will be met with Russian officials. Sessions asked, Carter page, a former campaign consultant.
“I don’t know,” sessions responded.
CARTER PAGE SESSIONS TALKS ABOUT TRIP TO RUSSIA
July 21, 2017 – The Washington Post reported that Kislyak told his bosses, he discussed Trump’s campaign, with meetings prior to the election.
23. July 2017 – The Russian Embassy announced that Kislyak has completed its task in the United States
Oct. 5, 2017 – Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI regarding the timing, extent and nature of his relationships and interactions with certain foreign nationals, which he understood to have close connections with high-ranking Russian government officials,” court documents say.
Load the documents in this case indicate that Papadopoulos told the Council he continued with the meetings, “he had connections that could help arrange a meeting between then-candidate trump” and the Russian President Vladimir Putin.
18. October 2017 – will Appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee, sessions repeatedly grilled by Democratic lawmakers about why he did not earlier be open to meeting with the Russian official.
Meetings says also during this hearing that it is “possible,” he discussed, Trump’s campaign, with Kislyak.
SENATE DEMS DEMAND SESSIONS TO CLARIFY TESTIMONY ON RUSSIA
2. November 2017 – page testifies behind closed doors on the house Intelligence Committee, that the meetings was aware of a trip he took to Russia during the presidential election, contradict each other Sessions ” June testimony.
Franc means that the sessions would have committed perjury.
14. November 2017 – sessions will appear before the House Judiciary Committee for the first time.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Kaitlyn Schallhorn is a Reporter for Fox News. You can follow her on Twitter @K_Schallhorn.