News

Janssen won in spite of staffing problems, not to hope for a chance at Spurs

Vincent Janssen do not need to rely on a chance with Tottenham Hotspur. Trainer Mauricio Pochettino says that he is the striker, who finally minutes can make, not need.

“No, he is not in my plans,” said Pochettino on Sunday after the 0-1 lost the top match against Manchester United. That the Former are South Korean attacker Son Heung-min the next time missing due to the Asia Cup and Harry Kane to an ankle injury suffered against the ‘Red Devils’, will not change a thing.

Due to the lack of perspective seems to be a departure this winter is not unthinkable for Janssen, who in 2016, happened to AZ. After 233 days of absence due to a foot injury he made last week re-entered the promises of the ‘Spurs’, and on Sunday he was against the promises of West Ham United even accurate.

It was the first goal of Janssen since a hit for Fenerbahçe on 14 may 2018 against Karabükspor. The Turkish club hired him last season from Tottenham.

Last international game Janssen was in October 2017

The contract of the 24-year-old Janssen at Tottenham runs until mid-2020. The Premier League club paid approximately 22 million euros for the zeventienvoudig Orange-international.

Janssen made since then but two competitiegoals for Tottenham. The last time he saw action for the Orange was in October 2017 in the world cup qualifier against Sweden (2-0).

The following Premier League match of Tottenham on Sunday at 17.00 hours against Fulham. The team, Pochettino is on the third place with nine points behind leader Liverpool.

View the programme and the position in the Premier League

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular