News

Jaimie Alexander petitions to Chris Hardwick back to TV

Jaimie Alexander is a petition to bring Chris Hardwick back to the TELEVISION.

(AP)

“Blindspot” star Jaimie Alexander, is defending her friend, Chris Hardwick of the sexual assault allegations made by his ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra.

On Thursday, Alexander tweeted a Change.org petition to bring Hardwick back to TV after his show “in conversation with Chris Hardwick was pulled from AMC’s line-up after the allegations. (Hardwick’s “Talking Dead” series has not officially been discontinued by the AMC, but its presence on the network site has fallen drastically.)

“‘Talking Dead’ Fans! ‘Walking Dead’ Fans! The ‘Fear’ Fans!: Bring [back], Chris Hardwick! – Sign the petition,” Alexander wrote.

Talking Dead Fans! Walking Dead Fans! Fear Fans!: Bring Chris Hardwick! – Sign the petition! https://t.co/GB7UCfs2dE via @Change ♥️🙏🏻

— Jaimie Alexander (@JaimieAlexander) June 28, 2018

As followers reminded her of the accusations against the 46-year-old Nerdist founder earlier this month, Alexander doubled down on her support.

“Boys, I have [known] Chris Hardwick for more than 10 years,” Alexander, 34, wrote. “I knew him through his relationship with said accuser. With the personal knowledge that I have about this situation, I am choosing to follow my heart, my instincts, my friend.”

Alexander also retweeted a message from Hardwick wife, Lydia Hearst, who compiled a list of the reports on other Hardwick defenders, including himself and his ex-girlfriend Andrea Savage, and Jacinda Barrett, along with a link to the petition.

From 11:40 a.m. Friday, the petition had more than 13,000 signatures.

In June, without naming names, Hardwick’s ex Dykstra accused an ex-boyfriend — whose description matches with Hardwick — abuse of her when they dated, stating that he would not allow her to interact with male friends, and that she “was expected to be [sexually] ready for him when he came home from work.”

Hardwick vehemently denied the allegations, said in a statement, “I was devastated to read Chloe’s post. Our three year relationship was not perfect — we were ultimately not a good match, and even set up the operation together — but I loved her, and did my best to elevate and support of her partner and companion, in no way and at no time did I sexually assault her.”

This article originally appeared on Page Six.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular