After national and international protest, the Iranian government women for the first time in almost forty years to a football stadium to enter, reports the Iranian news agency ISNA.
According to Isna the consent is valid only for the viewing of the world cup game between Iran and Spain on Wednesday (20 hours Belgian time). In the Azadi and Takhti stadium in the capital, Tehran, women can match on a large screen monitor.
Permission finally issued by Tehran’s Governor General. #Women along with men can watch tonight’s #IRN match against #ESP both in Azadi and Takhti stadiums – ISNA https://t.co/1X2cIAE93U
— Reza Khaasteh (@Khaaasteh) June 20, 2018
Also, the ban on the public viewing of the matches in public places is, at least for the duel with Spain will be lifted. At the first world cup match on Friday against Morocco (1-0 victory) was still prohibited.
Women may for nearly forty years, no football games to attend in Iran. Many Iranian women have found their way to Russia for the world cup. In the world cup stadiums have Iranian fans and vrouwenactivisten with banners protesting against the Iranian to impose for women, the campaign is explicitly allowed by the Wereldvoetbalbond FIFA.
Vrouwenactivisten hope that the admission for the view of Iran-Spain in a stadium is a first step in the right direction. “If all goes well, this may be an impetus to the general abolition of the impose for women”, said volksvertegenwoordigster Tajebeh Siavoshi.
Football world cup 2018 in Russia
- Our man in Russia: ‘Why this is the world cup, the penalty is’
- Iranian women allowed into stadiums Tehran to world cup match against Spain’
- FIFA is ‘extremely satisfied’ with videoref at the world CHAMPIONSHIPS
- The gaps in the plan-Hazard
- Meunier: ‘Foreign and therefore neutral rod is the best choice that bond could make’
- Read all articles about world cup 2018 in Russia