Curtis Collman II is charged with neglect of a dependent causing death, a misdemeanor, punishable with a maximum of 40 years in prison.
( Jackson County Detention Center)
An 8-year-old Indiana boy died after he ingested 180 times the lethal limit of meth, while under the watch of his father, who was deliberately not to contact police, reports say.
A toxicology report released Thursday showed that Curtis Collman III died on 21 June after the 18,000 nanograms of methamphetamine had entered through his blood, The Seymour Tribune reported.
Jackson County Detective Tom Baker said that the lethal amount for an adult is 100 nanograms.
According to the police the boy was spending the night of June 20, with his father, Curtis Collman II, where he ingested an unknown quantity of methamphetamine. The boy was taken to his grandfather the next day at home, where he became ill and eventually not responding.
The child was taken to an area hospital, where he later died.
Court documents show that Collman, 41, failed to call the police and tried to prevent others from contacting 911, WAVE reported.
He is accused of neglect of a dependent causing death, a misdemeanor, punishable with a maximum of 40 years in prison, The Seymour Tribune reported.
Collman is set to appear in court on Dec. 4.
Paulina Dedaj is a writer/ reporter for Fox News. Follow her on Twitter @PaulinaDedaj.