News

In Missouri, a man says a Walmart weapons and the incident was not a hate-inspired act’: report

to connectVideoFox News Flash, important news, August 15

Fox News Flash top headlines for August 15, here. Check out what to click on Foxnews.com

The self-described Second Amendment advocate who authorities say walked into a wal-mart store in Missouri last week, wearing body armor and carrying loaded weapons, said to be afraid to admit that his timing was bad in light of the recent mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.

But Dmitriy Andreychenko, 20, of Springfield, said he has no regret for the alleged actions.

“I just want people to know that there is no harm in what I did,” Andreychenko told Springfield’s KYTV-TV. “This is not a hate-inspired act. It was a pure, innocent — and the timing was just off. I would never want to hurt anyone.”

“I just want people to know that there is no harm in what I was doing. This was not a hate-inspired act. It was a pure, innocent — and the timing was just off. I would never want to hurt anyone.”

— Dmitriy Andreychenko, to be faced with the costs of the Walmart incident

Greene County prosecuting attorney Dan Patterson said Andreychenko has been charged with making a threat of terrorism in the second degree.

ARMED, OFF-DUTY FIRE FIGHTER WILL STOP AN ARMED SUSPECT AT THE WALMART STORE IN MISSOURI, POLICE SAY

Andreychenko, was accused of bringing weapons in the Walmart store Dec. 8, where a store manager has to draw from, a fire alarm system and send to clients. An armed, off-duty firefighter, was in a position to hold on to Andreychenko, until the police arrived, of Springfield, police said.

Andreychenko bore the load of tactical weapons, according to the report. He was arrested at the scene and taken into custody.

The incident came five days after a mass shooting at a wal-mart store in El Paso, Texas, which resulted in 22 deaths. The next day, another gunman killed nine people at a Dayton, Ohio, another issue that raised discussion about gun control laws, and firearms safety.

“The gun was holstered. I’ve never touched it, after you put them on,” Andreychenko said.

Andreychenko told KYTV that he was called to the Walmart store before he came in with a gun to make sure it was allowed, and he told me that he was told that he could do it.

The probable cause statement cited Andreychenko as if to say, “he wanted to know if Walmart honored the Second Amendment.”

Video

As of January 2017, in Missouri it is not required to have a permit to carry a firearm, whether openly or concealed, for those of you who are in the age of 19 years of age or older, as long as the weapon is not displayed in a threatening manner.

On Aug. 8, Andreychenko, was started with the recording of himself with his cell phone, while it was still in the parking lot of the Springfield Walmart. He’s got the body armour from the trunk of his car to grab a cart and walked in to the store, to the probable cause statement said. No shots were fired.

IN MISSOURI, WALMART-THREAT SUSPECT ID’D BY THE POLICE DEPARTMENT, THE MUG SHOT IS RELEASED

“The church will protect the right of the people to the open carry of a firearm, but it does not allow a person to act in a reckless and criminal manner, endangering other citizens,” Patterson said in a statement.

“The church will protect the right of the people to the open carry of a firearm, but it does not allow a person to act in a reckless and criminal manner endanger other citizens.”

— Greene County Prosecuting Attorney Dan Patterson

Patterson said he was grateful that no one was injured in the store, but is said to be a Battlefield police officer and a civilian were injured in a car accident, when the officer responded to to the Walmart.

Walmart has issued a statement Aug. 9, which combines the enforcement of the law is to stop the incident from escalating. It is said Andreychenko, was no longer welcome in its stores.

The Greene County prosecuting attorney’s office, said: “A person commits the crime of making a threat of terrorism in the second degree when he recklessly does not account for the risk of causing the evacuation of a portion of a building, and consciously to communicate an express or implied threat of an incident or condition involving danger to life, or knowingly causes a false belief or fear that an incident has occurred or that a condition exists involving danger to life.”

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FOX NEWS APP

Andreychenko would face up to four years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000 if convicted of the felony charges of making a threat of terrorism in the second degree, according to the prosecutor’s office.

Fox News’ Bradford Betz, and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Recent posts

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular