ZURICH (Reuters) – Huawei, smartphone, sales in Western Europe have risen over the past couple of days,” as customers grow more confident, the Chinese company will once again U.S. sanctions imposed last month, an executive at the Chinese company said on Friday.
A staff member gives you a Smartphone 5G Smartphone-Degree 20 megapixel camera, a Sunrise, a telecommunications retail store in Opfikon, Switzerland-21 June, 2019 at the latest. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann
Walter Ji, the Western Europe consumer business group and president of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., said that it is still unclear as to how the new windows phones will be affected by the ban that bars AMERICAN companies from doing business with the Chinese company.
Washington imposed the ban in May, as a result of safety concerns over the company’s ties with the government of China.
Huawei, which says that their products do not pose a threat to the safety and security, said this week that the ban was in pain, more than expected, and that it would wipe away us $30 billion in revenue.
Ji told a news conference in Zurich that the sales have increased over the past couple of days, in the West of Europe, although he has no figures to give, or for more information.
“People are beginning to understand what happened,” Ji said. “In the existing phones that are pre-loaded, it will not be affected by it. With the coming of the phones, and we are not in a position to know of the plan yet. We may not be able to predict what’s going to happen in the future.”
Huawei, the world’s second-largest smartphone maker after Samsung, said on Friday it had shipped 100 million smartphones this year, from the 30th of May.
The reported sales boost to follow Huawei’s offer of representation to that of the current phones, and the apps will be supported.
Alphabet, Inc., Google said this month it would no longer be the Android operating-system (OS) for Huawei phones, after August, however, that the current models will still be able to use the app. Facebook took a similar line.
Ji states that Smartphone to use Google’s Android OS and said that it is preparing alternatives in the event that.
The company said that as of this month, are in the process of potentially launching the “Hongmeng” OH!
Ji declined to say if Huawei’s folded up, 5 g of Pairs of X, will be available to be released. The Chinese group has previously said that it would delay the launch by three months to the end of September.
Report by John Miller; Editing by Michael Shields and Edmund Blair