(Reuters) – Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd is preparing for a 40% to 60% drop in international smartphone shipments for the international monetary Fund said on Sunday.
FILE PHOTO: mobile phone Huawei’s new Honor, is a 20 megapixel camera, a product-launch event in London on May 21, 2019. REUTERS/Peter Nicholls/File Photo
The Chinese technology business, is looking for options to pull in the latest model of the tabernacle, overseas smartphone, the Honor, and 20, according to the article, which cited people familiar with the matter.
The device will begin selling in parts of Europe, including great Britain and France, on the 21st of June, the report said. Members of the control at the start, and to cut off shipments if the sales are bad, ” he said.
Marketing and sales manager at the tech giant house, expect a drop in volumes of somewhere between 40 million and 60 million smartphones this year, according to the report.
To compensate for the end of each fall, Huawei is focused on the maximum use of the one half of the chinese smartphone market by 2019, the international monetary Fund has said. The company did not respond to a Reuters request seeking comment.
The U.S. government’s move for Huawei, the world’s largest telecoms-equipment company, a trading black-list of May, which bars AMERICAN manufacturers to do business with, it’s because of what Washington says is its national security.
At the time, Huawei’s founder and chief executive, Ren Zhengfei, said that the restrictions ” may be slow, but it is only a little bit,” the growth of the company.
A similar U.S. ban on chinese ZTE Corp, is nearly crippled the company of Huawei and the smaller rival at the beginning of last year, the uprising has been suspended.
The company had power, in the trade tensions between Washington and Beijing. The President, Donald Trump has said that the US actions against Huawei would be able to be resolved within the framework of a trade deal.
The ban has been relaxed slightly to make room for a temporary general license that Huawei’s purchase of AMERICAN goods.
However, Broadcom has sent a shock wave through the global chipmaking industry, last week predicted that the US-China trade tensions and, in the Huawei ban and would knock up to $2 billion in sales this year.
Reporting Kanishka Singh in Bengaluru; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall