The Dutch football association opens next week in Zeist, a special outpatient clinic for football players with a concussion may better assist you. “The best time to have a concussion to deal with, before the concussion,” said Thomas D’have.
As in the sport and active osteopath, I found it particularly striking how players sometimes shortly after a head trauma ‘accidental victims’ of non-contactblessures to the lower limbs.
The very first time that I this connection it observed, was the occasion of a case which to me was presented by Stijn Vandenbroucke, the Belgian who was then at the head of the medical service of West Ham United. It was about a player who is already 3 times was completely rehabilitated from a hamstring injury, but despite the best care, time and again went out. I was asked if I had anything for him could mean.
‘How soccer players are better able to protect against brain lesions’
The osteopathic research revealed no clear-cut cases in the lower back (the lumbopelvische region) to the light, but important dysfunctions in the skull-kaakregio, the neck and the shoulder.
How could that be then?
Of the player concerned, we found the period just before his first injury, images of a match against Wolverhampton back in which he got after a heavy ‘collision’ the lost consciousness. And the more players I map, the more I trend which saw return. Dozens of times. So broke Juventusspeler Giorgio Chiellini on the 16th of march 2009 his nose, he had two days later, again to the bucket and relapsed, he in the following months 4 times in a hamstringletsel.
“The symptom is not the real problem, the causes are always in the history of the player.
It was the title of a presentation: The Most Important Factor in a Player’s History is the History of Trauma. Or to put it differently, the symptom is not the real problem, the causes are always in the history of the player.
My conclusion was: the best moment to these non-contact injuries to treat (or avoid) is the osteopathic correcting the schedeltrauma. In the meanwhile, this observation actually been extensively confirmed by FIFA research in which it was shown that one concussion, the chance of a vervolgblessure with 50 percent increases .
‘The brain of a resilient body should be able to self-reorganize after a fold, but they need to be trained to new connections.
Today, a small decade later, I combine the insights from osteopathy with this from the clinical psycho-neuro-immunology and I understand even better what there is in the body ‘behind the scenes’ place. So I would like to go a step further with my statement: the best time to intervene, is not only prior to the secondary non-contactletsel, but also before the head trauma itself.
The brain of a resilient body should be able to self-reorganize after a fold, but they need to be trained to new connections (synapses).
In that regard, I was for the first time, stimulated by a study of Tanriverdi uit2008 me endlessly fascinated and became the basis of my current philosophy about head injuries: When is 44.8 percent of the victims of a traumatic brain injury was the immune system 3 years after the trauma is still active in the brain .
So it was a wondhelingsprobleem!
Very often there is an underlying and chronically active immune system, leaving insufficient energy can migrate to the site of the new trauma in the brain.
It’s all about energy.
The presence of an underlying laaggradige inflammation prevents resoleomics, a coordinated and systematic response to tissue damage within a certain period of time. Not only is laaggradige inflammation on the basis of 95 percent of the modern diseases of civilization, also about 30 percent of the professional footballers has disturbed the blood that a disordered immune system suggest.
“The most important blessurefactor is the lifestyle of the player.
If we look back at the film of the history of the player before the head trauma, then we find there are usually different causes of this laaggradige inflammation that explain why the body fails to find a successful autocorrect. Like for example: a lack of healthy fats or eat fish, a profusion of carbohydrates, a disturbed biorhythm, a sedentary lifestyle, et cetera.
Leo Pruimboom, founder of the clinical psycho-neuro-immunology, says: ‘The Most Important Factor for Injury is a Player’s Lifestyle. The main blessurefactor is the lifestyle of a player.
“The primary goal after an injury is to create the conditions in which the brain to be challenged as much as possible to make new connections to.
Our approach for brain trauma is the following:
1) In the first instance, the preventive approaches of the causes of the laaggradige inflammation by levensstijlinterventies, so that the immune system over the power to a wound successful to solve the problem.
2) Use of non-invasive interventions that have the neuroplasticity to promote stem cells to the injury and to force the recovery. That last one is beautifully described in a recent article in Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports: It’s highly speculated that targeting neural stem cells could be a potential strategy to repair and regenerate the injured brain . There we shut ourselves completely. The primary goal after an injury is to create the conditions in which the brain to be challenged as much as possible to make new connections to.
Every day, more than 16 hours of fasting, promotes the formation of connections in the brain.
Our suggestions to hersenherstel to support are:
1) Daily more than 16 hours of fasting promotes the formation of connections in the brain. The metabolic switch during fasting occurs, it is accompanied with neuroplastische changes in the nervous system that protect the brain from trauma. In addition, fasting sure that the white blood cells of the immune system is renew, which we never solved wound can be overcome.
2) A ketogene diet based on healthy fats, the nutrient to the brain in a traumatic brain injury rest. In order to make best use of ketones is crucial, however, that the blood sugar is low, about 30 percent of the professional footballers not the case.
3) Application of hypoxia exercises. In a trauma, there is always talk of lack of oxygen (hypoxia) in the brain. If hypoxiemomenten by means of breathing exercises are part of the daily routine, then our brain to better cope with potential challenges and injuries.
4) The biorhythm respect. Recovery from brain damage will take place in the night, when the melatonineproductie high. The darker it is, the more stem cells to differentiate into neural tissue to the formation of new connections to take place . Use a blauwlichtfilterbril.
5) take Care of your intestinal flora . Healthy bacteria in the intestines produce fatty acids in the service of the brain. If you six times per day, carbs, you get however, the opposite effect . A high-fiber diet or even a supplement with probiotics, in contrast, supports the recovery.
Funny thing is that a number of the most recent curative interventions for traumatic brain injury are simply part could be a part of our daily lifestyle. The best time to a trauma is treatable so… before the trauma.
The circle is round.