News

Homeless Philadelphia man Johnny Bobbitt are $400G, says GoFundMe

Johnny Bobbitt, the homeless war veteran who was $400,000 for him by well-wishers, will receive the full amount of money, even if they are behind the fundraiser is allegedly being wasted.

(Elizabeth Robertson/The Philadelphia Inquirer via AP)

Johnny Bobbitt, the homeless war veteran who was $400,000 for him by well-wishers, will receive the full amount of money, even if they are behind the fundraiser is allegedly being wasted.

GoFundMe, together with law firm Cozen O’connor, said Thursday that Bobbitt will receive the balance of what he is not is given of the hundreds of thousands, which for him at the end of 2017, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

$400G IN GOFUNDME MONEY FOR THE HOMELESS VET IS GONE, LAWYER CLAIMS

“Johnny will be made whole, and we commit that he will get the balance of the funds that he has not received or enjoyed,” the statement read. “GoFundMe goal has always been to make sure Johnny gets the support he deserves.”

Bobbitt was homeless and addicted to drugs in November, when he gave his last $20 to Kate McClure, a stranded motorist on the side of the road in Philadelphia.

Bobbitt was homeless and addicted to drugs in November, when he gave his last $20 to Kate McClure, a stranded motorist on the side of the road in Philadelphia.

(GoFundMe)

To thank him, McClure and her boyfriend, Mark D’amico, created a GoFundMe account for Bobbitt, who raised $400,000 from more than 14,000 people.

As soon as the money came in, Bobbitt said that he began to give to family and apply it to the drugs, and the few who claimed that they remember the money to help him. He eventually got about $ 75,000 of the GoFundMe, which he used for the purchase of a motorhome and SUV — neither of which he no longer has.

Bobbitt accuses the two of mismanaging the donations, which the couple initially denied. Last month, D’amico, claimed that he controls the funds in the fundraised money account and that he would forego the money if Bobbitt gets a job and stops with the use of drugs.

In August. 27, 2018 photo released by NBC, Mark D’ Amico, left, and Kate McClure speaking with host Megyn Kelly on “Megyn Kelly Today,” in New York.

(Nathan Congleton/NBC via AP)

McClure and D’amico’s lawyer eventually told a court that he learned there was no money.

The couple’s home in Bordentown, New Jersey was raided on Thursday, and video footage showed a black BMW car is towed away from near the house.

THE COUPLE RAISED $400G FOR HOMELESS MAN SENTENCED TO WITNESSES

McClure and D’amico, are reportedly expected to appear in court next week for a deposition in a suit filed by Bobbitt about the money.

The Burlington County Prosecutor confirmed in a Facebook post Thursday that because of the “huge public interest”, McClue, and D’amico in the investigation, but no charges have been filed.

Nicole Darrah cover breaking and trending news for FoxNews.com. Follow her on Twitter @nicoledarrah.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular