The winners of the Belgian Food Blog Awards have been announced. Find out who went home with a coveted award.
More than ninety enthusiastic food bloggers signed up for the first Belgian Food Blog Awards. To a shortlist to get there was to appeal to a professional food jury, consisting of journalists Eva Kestemont (Weekend.be), Céline Pécheux (Elle) and the foodfotograaf Luk Thijs and chef Jeroen De Pauw.
It was to them from all registered blogs five nominees per category to designate. Then it was the turn of the public. The fans, friends and family were called to vote on their favorites. There were nearly 12,000 votes registered.
The judges were unanimous that the quality of the Belgian food blogs with a high level. That made the choice not easier. On the question of whether bloggers are competitors of journalists, chefs and photographers, their answer is clear: “No, by them we understand more our best to our are distinguishable. They inspire us to the bottom of the can to make it.”
Here they are, the winners of the first Belgian Food Blog Awards:
Best Food Photography:Cooking in heels – Stephanie Bex
Best Baking & Sweets: Bite and Drain – Myriam Minne
Best Newcomer: Would Be Chef – Sven Ornelis
Best Healthy: Karola’s Kitchen – reality check Olaerts
Best Drinks: Bible or Drinks – Jonathan Scheerlinck
Best Overall blog: As cooked by Ginger – Laurence Bemelmans
The People’s Choice Award (most votes from the public obtained of all of the nominees): Karola’s Kitchen – reality check Olaerts
- Here are the winners of the first Belgian Food Blog Awards
- Sofie Van de Velde gallery and fashion label Capara days out with artistic three-day
- Vote now for the cookbook of the year 2017
- MAD Fashion Sales: Belgian designermode online at competitive prices
- Repair & Share Fest in Gent, belgium: inspiration and tips for those who waste aims to reduce
- Read all articles about Telex