The Englishman Harry Kane, good for two goals against Tunisia (1-2), responded satisfied after the end of the contest.
“It was a true contest. We have in the first half played well and managed a few opportunities. I want all the players to congratulate, because the opening match is never easy. We have played brilliantly. We were calm on the field and that is good for a first match, ” said the captain.
The possible errors of the referee had Kane not to his heart. “The referee had a few penalties in our favor can whistle, especially in comparison with the penalty that the opponent got. There were also a few questionable corners, but that is football. The referee is the referee. We have played very well so we are proud.’
England continues its world cup with a match against Panama next Sunday. Subsequently, on 28 June, following the clash against Belgium.
Football world cup 2018 in Russia
- WK-barometer: homophobic Mexicans to ‘back pain’ in Croatian
- Harry Kane: ‘England has brilliantly played’
- Panamanian Anibal Godoy: “We are what emotionally by the development of the race’
- World cup retro: five minutes to celebrate for veteran
- ‘Martinez was the goalscorer in Lukaku wake up’
- Read all articles about world cup 2018 in Russia