Gender of the physician of the body can be in the house for months

BRISTOL, Connecticut. – The University of Connecticut scientist, was arraigned Tuesday on charges that she murdered her husband, a UConn doctor whose body may have been left in their house since June.

Linda Kosuda-Bigazzi, 70, refused to comment as they are in Bristol Superior court for a hearing on a murder charge in the beating death of 84-year-old Dr. Pierluigi Bigazzi. He was a professor in a laboratory science and pathology at UConn Health, and she worked with him.

The arrest warrant is sealed. The Hartford Courant reported that Bigazzi’s body was wrapped in the Burlington home when police conducted a welfare check on Feb. 5. They went to the home after colleagues at the school expressed concern about Bigazzi long absence.

The medical examiner said the doctor died of a blunt trauma to the head. The court documents indicate the police believe his death may have occurred as early as 13 June.

Kosuda-Bigazzi is free on home confinement, after agreeing to wear a monitoring ankle bracelet and the placing of a $1.5 million bond.

Kosuda-Bigazzi was the pathology professor’s second wife. The Courant reported that investigators have asked Bigazzi first wife, copies of alimony checks dating back to this summer to determine who wrote them.

“That I do not know who signed the checks,” Anna Bigazzi told the newspaper. “The state police asked me to request copies of the checks from the bank and I wait on them. I’ve really had any contact with my ex-husband of 40 years, and I have no idea what’s going on.”

Pierluigi Bigazzi worked at UConn since 1975 and earned $200,000 last year, according to state records.

He and his wife had worked on more than a dozen articles, although some colleagues said that they do not realize that the two were married, according to the Courant.

Kosuda-Bigazz is due back in court on March 20.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular