News

Gabbard backs down after boycott threats, says she will be at the debate

in the vicinityVideoRep. Tulsi Gabbard calls for the charges, U.S. reaction to the Saudi oil attacks, new DNC debate rules

Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard, Brian Kilmeade closes on ‘Fox & friends.’

She made a big deal about the threat of a boycott of Tuesday, the Democratic presidential debate, but in the end, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard from Hawaii decided not to skip it, on the nationally broadcast prime-time showdown.

“I will be attending the debate,” the White house hopeful tweeted Monday morning.

On Thursday, the all-but-predictable members of Congress and the war in Iraq-accused veteran, the Democratic National Committee and the media of the “rigging” of the primary fight against many of the lower-tier candidates and political outsider, running for the nomination.

GABBARD THREATENS TO PROTEST, THEY SKIP THE DEBATE TO DNC RULES

“I’m seriously considering a boycott of the October 15 debate to the attention of DNC/corporate media is trying to rig the 2020 primary,” she tweeted at the time.

And in an accompanying video, Gabbard pointed to what they see as “arbitrary” and non-transparent criteria for the debates, and they argued that democratic party leaders “are trying to hijack the whole election process.”

“To bring the attention on this serious threat to our democracy, and ensure that your voice is heard, I’ll give serious consideration to boycott the next debate on October 15th,” she added.

Gabbard said on Thursday that it would decide in the coming days, if you skip out on the debate.

There is a chorus of criticism for months by many of the lower-tier candidates on the debate threshold values, which prevents many in the record field of White house hopefuls-topped to around 25 competitors in this summer, the debate stage.it was

Gabbard – which for months greatly has a pretty loud criticism of the DNC and their criteria — qualified for the first two rounds of the debates, at the end of June and end of July. But they could not make the cut for the last month of the third round of the showdown.

BULLOCK: NOMINATION “WILL NOT BE DECIDED BY DEBATES”

Gabbard, who qualified for Tuesday’s debate, which will be held in Westerville, Ohio. Twelve of the 18 remaining Democratic presidential candidates, the cut is made.

The DNC has values, the increase in the threshold to qualify for the following rounds of the debates. To set the stage for the November debate, the candidates-to-reach 165,000 of campaign contributions from single donors and meets at least 3 percent in a four-vote approved by the DNC. Only eight candidates to – date have qualified, and Gabbard is not one of them.

Push back against the criticism, DNC Chair Tom Perez to Fox News last month said that the process “very fair” and added, “we are going” to continue to be transparent.”

The shovel, the area of the DNC nominating calendar has been criticized by many people in the first four States that vote traditionally primary and caucus presidential. Activists argue that the job belongs to the narrowing of the range to the voters in the early States than with the national party leadership.

Gabbard stressed that “the DNC and the corporate media rigged the election…against the American people in the early voting States of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada.”

You told reporters during a stop Thursday in New Hampshire, the first primary holds in the White house race, the votes of the frustration from the early state voters, and driving them to make their announcement.

Gabbard said she was trying to find out “how can I draw best, draw attention to the serious threat to our democracy, and make sure that the voices of the voters, I’ve heard from quite early in the States are listening to.”

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular