News

Former White House chef Over back to Breitbart

Former White House chef Over back to Breitbart

Steve Over, the former advisor of president Donald Trump, is returned to the authoritative conservative website Breitbart.

That made Breitbart Friday itself known. It is still unclear what is the function of Over exactly is going to occupy.

Earlier in the day, the White House announced that Over its function gave. Over was one of the last advisors of the Trump of the first hour, which is still in function.

Chief of staff John Kelly and the 63-year-old Over would, in consultation, have decided that Friday Bannons last working day would be.

The president would be a couple of weeks ago along with Kelly have taken the decision Over to the side. Over would be given the time for his departure itself to orchestrate.

Cracks

The relationship between Trump and the right-wing nationalist Over shows since april of this year, cracks. According to American media raged a power struggle in the White House between Over and a more moderate faction, led by Trumps son-in-law Jared Kushner. That last occurs in the last time more at the forefront as the new right hand of the president.

Over was the driving force behind some of Trumps one of the most controversial policy issues, such as the travel ban for people from several predominantly muslim countries.

Right-wing extremism

His departure comes at a time when the president fierce is under fire because of the way he dealt with the demonstration in Charlottesburg. Following the Democrats and many of his own Republicans would Trump the right-wing extremism, not resounding enough to have been convicted.

Trump said in april about Over: “I should Steve be happy, but I must remind you that he was only very late in my campaign became engaged. I am my own strategist, and I’m not planning my strategies to adapt.”

Alt-right

Over is a former banker, businessman and filmmaker, who is in 2016 has been appointed as chief strategist of the campaign team of Trump. Previously, he was chairman of the board of directors of the conservative website Breitbart, which under his leadership became a beacon for the radical-right alt-right movement.

The outgoing top advisor of Trump is known as a political provocateur. He also had in the past a lot of criticism for alleged racist and anti-semitic statements.

Over has experience with data mining and worked for a Chinese company that virtual money generated in major online games like World of Warcraft.

To say that he learned there the new target of Breitbart to speak: young, digitally adept and “ongewortelde” white men of a right-wing trimmings, wars of the established order. Which were then the cornerstone of a disruptive yet effective campaign on social media.

Dismissal and departure

The White House has a troubled month behind with regard to the staffing. On July 28, replaced Trump his chief Reince Priebus by John Kelly.

The following who lost his job, was communicatiedirecteur Anthony Scaramucci. He was only ten days after his arrival dismissed, after a reporter called to one of the bad words forgive rant to stitches about some of his new colleagues.

The arrival of Scaramucci was once again reason to blow-off for spokesman Sean Spicer, an ally of Priebus.

Carl Icahn

Over was not the only adviser who on Friday said goodbye to the White House. Also the American zakenmagnaat Carl Icahn (80) is left as a special adviser to president Donald Trump.

Icahn was after the arrival of Trump appointed advisor for corporate regulations, but was under fire from some Democrats who question opwierpen about conflicting interests of the billionaire. They wanted an investigation into conflicts of interest of the man whose wealth is estimated at some 15 billion dollars.

In a letter to Trump wrote Icahn on Friday that he “contrary to insinuations of a handful of Democratic critics has never benefited” from his position.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular