in the vicinity
President Trump signs a Directive on the military’s transgender ban
Details released of the new military guidelines
A transgender service member has announced the military for the first time since President Donald Trump, a ban last July, the Pentagon said on Monday.
“The Ministry of defence confirmed that the 23. February 2018, it is a transgender Person under the contract for the service in the U.S. military,” Maj. Dave Eastburn, a Pentagon spokesman, told Fox News.
Minister of defense James Mattis, the break with trump, recommended formally last Friday that transgender troops be allowed to serve in the U.S. military provided that you can implement in overseas.
Mattis recently, a new Directive adopted in, say, whether a service member not able to be with your unit for more than 12 months, except for the combat wounded, would be kicked this person out of the military.
The official told Fox News that there was this new Directive for non-deployable troops, and recent court decisions, the Form of the Minister of defence thinks about transgender people in the military.
The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, in addition had concerns about kicking out transgender troops, who had already served with honor.
The Minister of defense of the new provision of the policy makes it unlikely that the Pentagon would continue to pay for genital reconstruction surgery because the recovery time is often longer than a year.
Fox News previously reported that the official announcement about the transgender policy, it is expected that the White house no later than 23. March, according to officials.
Last summer, the Pentagon was surprised when Trump tweeted that transgender troops were no longer welcome in the military “no capacity.”
The order was later blocked by a US Federal court.
The Pentagon began to look so that transgender recruits, entry on Jan. 1.
Fox News’ Lucas Tomlinson and The Associated Press contributed to this report.